My New Custom Pickguard

This isn't a very big deal compared to all the crazy stuff that goes on here but while I was replacing my pickups I decided to put on a custom pickguard that I had been planning on doing. I did the illustration myself by hand, scanned, inked, printed and used waterslide paper/sealant to apply it to the pickguard. Here are a few pictures:

guitarweb1.gif

guitarweb.gif

guitarweb2.gif

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

I'm probably a better artist than guitar player but I enjoy doing both so it was pretty cool to be able to combine two of my interests. I didn't manufacture the pickguard but I did the design, application and installation.

Edited by TimTheSloth

Nice! The illustration kind of reminds me of the characters in the good old game Spy vs Spy!

That what I thought, too! Really cool! BTW, that game is based off an actual comic that's been long running in Mad Magazine, it's hilarious and clever! I remember playing that game over at my aunt and uncle's house many years back on an NES (I was probably about 8) and downloaded it for my Sega emulator just a week or two ago!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I guess I can see why you would say it looks like Spy vs. Spy, but those guys have a pointy face, this guy is just wearing a hood that points down like that.