Neck Finishing

hey i duno if you guys moved off onto msn or something, but i'm kinda curious about this too, i assume you just tape off the edge of the finger board with painters tape (gotta love the funky colours it comes in now :D ) and then paint like normal???

when i refinished a 3/4 size encore(cheap english entry level guitar) i found that if you do less coats of paint and varnish on the neck than the body the neck feels much better. plus the back of the neck doesn't get whacked thousands of times by a pick LOL!!!!!

one more thing, if the neck is quite a tight fit into the pocket on the body you have to careful how much paint goes at that end of the neck as with mine the neck had to be sanded for it to fit it.

good luck :D

ya i taped off the neck pocket and i was going to tape off that part of the neck so that it was nothing but wood touching at the joint, i heard it was alot better for tone, but should i put some sander sealer on either/both to protect the wood? or is leaving it bare ok?