Explorer: Fiber Optic Side Markers Completed

Hey guys...So I'm pretty much done with everything, all the hardstuff anyway. There are a few little things I need to clean up and adjust some setup stuff on the guitar, but otherwise it's pretty much done. Here are a few pics:

editDSC08925.jpg

editDSC08946.jpg

editDSC08955.jpg

editDSC08936.jpg

editDSC08933.jpg

editDSC08931.jpg

editDSC08921.jpg

Two of the markers are a bit dim, but it's not too bad. And then of course, the stock side markers were not all lined up so when the fibers are lit, it kinda stands out :D But, I'm digging it :D

MJ

No tutorial yet, but I'm planning to do one soon. Although I did practice before this, I learned a few more things and also messed up on a few things so I wanted to get most of that down first.

I'm planning to do the same to my Jackson Dinky and that will be fully covered.

MJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Nice.

Pls tell me how you did the black finish on the body. 

Thanks.

I am intersted to know about the Satin Black finish, as well. I am in the early stages of doing my own with a Satin Black finish. I have purchased some John Deer Blitz Black paint for this after reading about it on some hot rod forums. It is suppose to be a good Satin Black paint, so I am hoping for the best.

I did a test on a scrap piece of wood while I am waiting for my guitar body and it turned out alright. Just curious on what you used.

• 3 weeks later...