Amazing Story!

Alarung

Yo!

So I wake up this morning, more tired than an aging sheepdog (I'd gone away for the Maritime Musicfest the day before, saw the McGill University Jazz Band, they were amazing B)) rushing to get to practice for the school musical (West Side Story B)). I thought it was going to run from 10 AM until 6 PM, but everyone was leaving as they finished their parts. (It was the first Vocal run-through with the Orchestra). So I call my drive, to ask them to come early. They can't get in for a while, so I tell them to pick mme up at the local music store, not too far from the high school. Me and a few of my buds walk up the road, we split when we hit McDonalds.

Anyway, I continue on to the music store, and bump into a few more of my friends. Unbeknowest to myself, the shop was celebrating Gibson days! I live in a smaller community, and most of the guitars that this shop sells are lower-end imports, so this was a really big thing in the town. I walk in, and we browse around. Then my buddy tells me I should enter the draw that the shop is having. I stroll over to the counter, drop my name in the box, and walk away. After a few minutes, Dave Gunning (local celeb, plays folk/celtic rock) walks in to make the draw.

We all line up to watch, and Dave fiddles around with the ballot box. Finally, he pulls a ballot out and says "Matt Brown", which is me. :D

Anyway, my buds all jump up and cheer, and I walk up. I know the shop owner reasonably well as I spend a lot of time in there, and very seldom buy anything. Anyway, I won a free Epiphone Special-II in Heritage Cherry Sunburst!!! I take the guitar, shake hands with the whole shop, walk up to the Gibson Guy and say "Thank you Gibson Guy", and walk out of the shop.

I spent about 20 minutes in that shop, and had absoluty no idea that anything was going down. :D

Free stuff is so amazing when your not expecting it! :D

wow, thats awesome!!!

but, they gave away an Epiphone to celebrate Gibson Days? I would have took it, then called the store on a pay phone and be like, I just realized this wasnt a real Gibson!!!!

lmao, ohh my, how i am bored today

Curtis

Free stuff is so amazing when your not expecting it

it is, but what's better is if you give it to me unexpectedly. So how about giving it to me at a random point in time? B):D

-Jamie :D

Ephiphone for a Gibson day, thats an achievement in its own!

Ah congrats man, chances of any thing like that happening in this area are next to nothing, although they sold a guitar signed by the Darkness the other day, dont like the darkness but stil had to go admire it :D

Once again congrats man,

~~ Slain Angel ~~

yeah, i had a similar experience.

was in school, noticed a note about some bursary thing, so i applied. no-one but me and ryan applied cos they are all too lazy and ignorant. anyhow, had to go to a fancy golf club/restaurant for the interview and awards.

i did my interview saying id use the money on a new trumpet (i dont own my own)

they were announcing, and said out of the 9 or whatever entrants it was soo close they had a 1st 2nd and 3rd. i had no hopes, so it was a great suprise when i came 2nd, and won £300 - $565 USD. i was well chuffed! grinning the whole night.

the next day... more luck

a month or so ago i had put my name on a charity sheet, paying about $2 to guess the soap star whose face was blanked out. i HATE soaps, and know NOTHING about them. i guessed anyways, its charity. and the day after winning $565 i got told i won a further $40 :D streak of good luck ill say

i now own a beautiful Bach Stradivarious trumpet, which set me back $2000 which is an excellent offer here - normally they sell for close to $4000. happy camper...

now ive got the cold and a throat infection and i cant play it :D but ill live B)

also rick just played the 7 string RG i built him. (he wanted to play it before i finished it) and he is extremely impressed. he is a picky guy when guitars are concerned, so thats a good review :D check his band at http://www.symbiotick.net / prog rock. couple of free tracks. just rough atm.

cyas

Mike

PS well done on the guitar acquistiion, it must feel great!