Peavey Valve King Amps?

Daniel Sorbera

you know what godin?i think you should build a sansamp based rack system.i just bought a psa-1 and i REALLY love it...it does EVERYTHING...even bass amps.

i think if you mate it with a neutral power amp and a nice multi effects unit for the reverb,delay,etc....you will have everything you ever wanted.

I have a SansAmp bass driver. Every time I play bass, I go through it because it sounds so excellent. :D

But back to Peavey... For my first 15 years or so of playing guitar, I was on an extremely tight budget, so I played Peaveys all the time. This would have been from the mid 70's to early 90's.

During that time, I never had a Peavey break down in any way. They bounced around in a trailor, endured extreme temperature changes, lived in dusty, smokey environments, and were basically abused to the point of absurdity, and withstood it all. As for the sound quality, I felt that they were very versatile, and I never had a problem getting a tone I liked. Factor in the relatively cheap price tag, and I was very happy with every Peavey I ever owned. But, I've never played through a valve king, so I can't comment specifically about them.

From my experiences, if you're on a tight budget, Peavey is a great choice. Even if you're not concerned with $$, having a Peavey around is never a bad thing.

• 4 months later...