Prs Style Guitar

If I cut the neck down to 24 inch scale length, it should work. The pictures are

off by a little bit.

If I cut the neck down to 24 inch scale length, it should work. The pictures are

off by a little bit.

Woah :D , you cant just cut the neck down to a new scale lencth. What scale length is it now? Do you know? What scale did you slot the fretboard to? Regardless of how short or long the actual neck is, the scale length doesnt change. You could have a 25" scale neck with 10 frets and the bridge is still going to have to be 25" away from the nut. Don't go cutting anything just yet.

What do you mean about cutting the neck to 24 inch scale. The neck already has a scale on it if it is made. The only way to change the scale ids to put a new fret board with a different scale.

I don't know if you get this, but the scale is the lenght from the nut to the saddles. If you have a pre made neck and don't know the scale just measure from the nut to the 12 fret and multiply by 2.

If you want to seat the neck more into the body, you could make that neck a 22 fret by removing the 23 fret and cutting down about 1/8" from the fretboard then cutting from the heel up to the one you just did. and re-rout the body pocket to the correct place. you can even make kinda like a mortise to insert the neck into if you want to keep the figure of the wood on top, but it will be a bit tricky to do right. I hope you understand what I mean, casue I got no way to make a drawing now.

EDIT

I guess I took way to long to post the reply, Jay beat me to it.

Im sorry, I said that wrong. I know what you mean. Its 12 inches from the nut to the 12 fret that makes 24 right? So If I cut it so that its even from the nut to the 12 fret and the 12fret to the bridge that fixes the problem right?

Then your 12th fret has to be 12.5" away from the bridge (since bridges are compensated, 12.5" away from the high 'e' saddle, really).

Period.

Greg