New Guitar Design

well my first instinct is that upper fret access is not going to be very comfortable.. you might come back without a finger!! but i see a lot of these metal designs and i guess that isn't too much of an issue, or you all wouldn't keep building them :D

This is like a roarshaach test :D I see a dragon in there. or some kind of horned creature. From a design standpoint, the only thing I would say is the bottom (the lower bout) is too clean fiven the detail you've put on the horn area. You could make the bottom look more like a snout of some sort to complete the shape.. Or if that's not what yuo're going for, adjust the silhouette so the top doesn't make you expect something like that on the bottom.

Cool design idea though. Would be really cool relief carved to show off all those features B)

pinkerasers.jpg

JUST KIDING------ I realy think you should try some thing like this ANNIHILATOR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...s/Annihil_1.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...-dvmattt234.jpg

!!METAL MATT!! :D

yep thx for the comments, if you have some more please write em and press enter :D:D and yeah i think it would look better more symmetrical. im also gonna try to make the "butt" look more (whats the word... :D ) like the top, if you know what i mean (maybe something more like those guitars Metal Matt posted B)B)

i see a scary skull dude like this

may a carve or a paintjob like it??

sorry about link, i can't figure out how to get a pic to show here!!

Edited by dash

tHERE now that looks cool and i've never seen one like it so it's one of a kind,

it looks like it could be a guitar,

you know what you should do now is make the neck look like it's a huge spike

going through the skull and put a spike on the outher side! and you could paint in some cracks to make it look as if the spike has burst out of the skull

now you got me thinking-------that's how you know i like it :D

that skull thingy is freakin awesome :D:D only thing about that is let's say i use a tremolo bridge, then the eyes and nose will barely be noticable, but you can always try the tune-o-matic bridge with tailstop... =) i also like the Flying V alot, it looks kind of goofy but with slight changes it could be made really bad ass! B)

Vevil.gif

Those are some updates from your ideas (and some pics u customised :D )

EDIT: new version of the flying V:

V2.gif

what do you think is the best so far (of all the pics, also the great ideas from the crowd B)

Edited by G.I. Ace

The last V for sure man Now that looks like a guitar! :D

nope, don't know who the guy is, i've read somewhere about the bastard v though (btw i didn't draw the headstock, some guy that replied with a drawing with that headstock so i just used that headstock in my computer drawn designs... B) btw that Bastard V looks a little like my V :D although i have never seen a pic or anything of bastard v before :D

BASTARD-V.jpg

Oh Yes The bastard-V :D One Of the Objects of my Desire B)

Yuk. Abuot the above pic, that is. Pointy shreddy metal machines are about the furthest thing down on my list of guitar desirables. :D One day I may own one just to say I have one, but... well... yuck.

<laff>

(strictly personal taste, of course!)

That said, this project isn't up my alley either, but the "yuk" is not directed at this particular endeavour. Despite not being to my personal taste, I like to encourage wherever possible, as long as the design itself is still good for the genre, which this one is.

Greg

It's interesting where ideas come from. I have heard of Niel Moser before but I have a freind who doesn't and hasn't used the internet yet and his designs are similar too. I guess it is all just natrural progression. We are all so influenced by each other in both obvious and subtle ways. I actually had a person claim that I 'stole' a soundhole shape of theirs when in fact both our designs were first used on a Gretsch in the 30's! So much for innovation.

My whole point is that there are so many 'innovations' out there that are very new, or firsts for an individual builder. They may have even designed the idea and never knew that someone, somewhere, at sometime previous had already done it. Take wooden bridges for example. I saw one recently on another forum and people were raving about pushing the envelope, wild innovative ideas, etc. Well my good friend Brain Transki has been building wooden tune-o-matics with bone saddles for a couple years now. I am sure there is someone before him too.

G.I. Ace may not have ever seen Niel Moser's designs but following the genre I can certainly see how his personal version of the V came about. His are quite different from Moser's anyway, definitely not a copy. They both make sense with the style and the aestetics of the music. Oh yeah, great design by the way!

~David

V2.gif

i think im gonna go with this one, but im gonna change the headstock for sure B) this guitar is gonna be all mine but not the body mine and the headstock some other guys B):D gonna have the headstock more like the body, scalloped and evil :D and yeah, thx for all the awesome comments and ideas :D keep bringin em on if you have any

Edited by G.I. Ace