Started A New Guitar Today...

Yes, there will be more pics.

My lazy ass finally joined PHOTOBUCKET like all of you told me to do. :D

Just gotta get used to their system, I'll start uploading all kinds of vomit-inducing crap again.

At least I can get into the GOTM when I need to now.

Thanks to all those who told me to go to PHOTOBUCKET! :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buckeye had an issue with the top if you all remember, it had 2 holes in it I couldn't figure out how to fill them or what exactly to do with them

Sound like they want to be natural-edged F-holes to me....'cept they don't look like F's. Are they in the right neighborhood location-wise? I don't recall...

the piece that is coming your way is close to that.

did you add any color to that? a light brown or yellowish?

We have christmas early then? :D

I guess I know what I'm going to do with this 2-piece Spanish Cedar body blank now huh? :D

No, just some water, that's it.

Sound like they want to be natural-edged F-holes to me....'cept they don't look like F's. Are they in the right neighborhood location-wise? I don't recall...

Uhhh, yeah, they are basically 'in the neighborhood', but not dead-on where an F-hole should be. I'll make those holes work for me somehow. I have some ideas boppin' around about what to do, the answer will come eventually.

Get the heck outta here, really?

My local wood guy's supply of Mahog has shriveled up, and he had the SC in stock, I just decided to give it a try, but it's VERY resonant and toneful (using the 'Bonk' method of course), and it is very similar in weight and appearance to Mahogony (lighter tho) I'd bet it would make a great Melody Maker or LP Junior type of guitar, just a guess.

It's softer tho, and I'm guessing will have a bit of a softer, deeper tone than regular Mahogony, which is pretty dark to begin with. Again, just guessing.

Well, its the neck that is spanish cedar. Weird, huh?

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElect...Melody%20Maker/

I really love that Melody Maker headstock though. I might have to make one for myself.

Cedar, while being soft, is faily stiff and should resist bending/warping (like spruce, right?).

That top is a 10. It's really nice to see someone use a piece that is not your run of the mill Quilt or Flame. I love the way the stepped figure adds depth and interest but doesn't take anything away from the colorful bookmatch. You got a good eye for da figure.

Peace, Rich