My 2nd Guitar Complete!

Hi everyone

Its been a while now but i finally finished my own guitar, Its still a working prototype so its still a working progress. Everyone who has tried it in 6th from like playing it and also tried to buy it off me! Which i will consider :D

I would like opions on it too see what everyone thinks?

cheers matt

Traveller Pic 1

Traveller Pic 2

It takes up unnessessary space hey, well you see what it can do is the side wings fold in thus narrowing the guitar, It looks as big as the BHM guitar which i also made because thats in trhe distance it is smaller in scale.

It plays nicely produces different tones also when the side wings are extended out and when there close to the body, as these wings have rexonance chambers in them influnced by the BHM design.

At the moment it needs some tweaking as its completely new to me!

Heres some pics when its all closed up!

Traveller folded pic 1

Traveller folded pic 2

cheers mattw

Man I love That thing :D BUT not what it's made of :D

So what where Your cost's in building this one?

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Yes sorry i din't make it totally clear it folded up!

How much well considering its Mahogany and MDF cheep! umm the whole wood costs was around £30, the hardware was around £120, depends what hardware you want, i mean i put a trem on which to be honest is a waste of time!

So if ya gunna copy this! Don't put a trem in it!

mattw

Wow, big fan of travel guitars here, and that has got to be the one of the coolest ones I have seen. I don't much care for the blue paint (In my opinion, the only blue acceptable on a guitar is sparkle blue, or transparent blue over quilted maple), but the shape and flexibility look great. Nice build, man. You should honestly enter that in th the GOTM contest!

Until maybe only about a month ago, I thought the Red Special was a horrible design. I've changed my mind completely, and yours looks awesome.

Greg

thanks everyone

I am guessing GOTM means Guitar of the month? :D

The Red special in the background, yes another one of my creations, Walnut body, Mahogany neck and Rose wood finger board, 24 fret scale, roller bridge and knife edge trem. Plays very well supper low action!

But it isn't as good as version 2 which is still in build!

Thanks for all the comments and i will enter it for guitar of the month when i get my Camera working lol

cheers mattw

• 4 weeks later...