Which Guitar Next

MzI

which guitar should I build next  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the dark wood is purple heart, ill go outside and take some more pictures of the neck blank i gotta take some of the korina too, and btw there was nothing enhancing the wood on the neck blanks thats how it actually looks

MzI

pictures in a lil while

Man Go for the soloist That's some deadly looking maple!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

So man What are you going to use for the sides?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

update.

I started the purple heart soloist

Body

mainly cuz its quicker to build and because i still dont have a good template which im waiting for. I really dont wanna rush into the korina because i had such a hard time finding it. I shall update my thread in the progress section in a couple days with a bunch more pictures of the 3 guitars im working on right now

MzI

do your a self a favor and do a finish that will really pop that figure.  You have some real potential there if thats what it looks like not wet :D

what "figure"?...it is straight grained.

there is no figure to "pop"

Mabye I'm missing something (usually am :D ) but isint the flame on the flame maple figureing? If not than what on earth is?

You thought I was talking about the purple heart?

i would either leave the flame maple in the neck plain...or i would experiment on a piece of scrap and see what it would look like with different combinations of grain enhancing combinations.

for example..i think that flame MAY look awesome if you dyed it orange,then sanded it back and finished it out with a yellow glaze coat...then cleared it.

but i would try several combinations...for just a neck it is a little trickier asthetically than for a top...i just believe a little sublety goes a long way...dying everything black or even just the stain black /sand back no matter what is just like hitting a nail with an 8 pound sledge...you know what i mean?

if you were to do the black/sand back thing...i think it may look good with a green glaze coat...just on the maple now...might be a nice "vivid" look with the purpleheart body

i have stained maple black in the pastlike what you show in that pic,and i know that in person it looks very "dirty"...not really the classy look that i think flame maple deserves.

i think what i am trying to say is ...just "think" about it for a while...visualize what different colors may look like with that purpleheart..you could EVEN just put a purple glaze coat over the entire guitar...but you would have to mix the stains to get that purple i think.

i just always see people using purpleheart and they never seem to do anything to compliment that woods personality.

but thank you for asking

id agree with wes here - you got it spot on dude, i think the black will leave it looking dirty. the amber candy coat sure sounds good :D subtlety goes a long way.

Mike