am I the only one that feels a law that to carry small amounts of wood requires apermit bad? doesn't that mean you need a permit to carry "specialty wood" from the lumber yard to your shop??? I think I must have read it wrong because if that is true it's horrible

I heard about that story on the news today (I live close to there......I mean very far away. It wasn't me. I have an alibi. I swear!).

All I wanna know is which one of you did it ...and how much for a couple body & neck blanks? :D

Seriously though, it bothers me that people are tearing up wetlands and private property to steal these trees.

That article states that a 1/2 mile wide vehicle trail was cut into a state wetlands area where around 50 maple trees were cut down? :D

It's a shame to think that the maple I've bought could have come from stolen trees.

Makes guitar builders look like poachers. B) trees are our friends :D

there was a guy nominated for a darwin award for trying to steal a large koa branch, he stood on the branch below it and began to cut, and it wasn't pretty.

the other funny one was a guy standing on the branch he was cutting!

Where I live (Wyoming) you don't see too many people hauling around logs of any size, except for the lodgepole pine the local mill runs for lumber. And I really don't have any idea of the magnitude of species availalible (sp) in Washington, but wouldn't it be easier on law enforcement to just be in the state of mind of, "That is a big damn log to be hanging out of the back of that F150". My reasoning behind that being if a logging company has a employee who is looking for a little money under the table, he's going to mark the tree he wants, cut it and process it on company time. Why wouldn't he throw a high end figured log on the bottom of a "legal" stack and then unload it to their own personal vehicle after hours. Like I said we don't see crap for logging around here except for whats only decent for building homes, decks and fences. And maybe I'm way off, I don't cut my own firewood or anything like that. Anyway just my thoughts, though my mileage isn't due for its first oil change yet.

Nate Robinson

What? You guys don't like Ed Roman?

:D HAHAHAHA :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)