Got bored... so the strat copped it!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait till you see what I'm doing to my telecaster!!!!! hahahahahahaha  :D

You have my very deepest respect, anyone willing to kill a fender deserves respect B) LOL

You have my very deepest respect, anyone willing to kill a fender deserves respect  LOL

I completely agree... I think I've hated fenders pretty much all my life LGM. Its very liberating to destroy them. :D I think fender should build all there guitars like this!!!!! haha! poo alex! :D

If they did all their guitars like that, then what would you have to tear up!!!!

hahahahahaha alex you killed me man... I was in tears from laughing!!!!! :D Yeah LGM I got the idea from Steve Vai's flame guitar I have to be honest! But I think it just works really well... B)

TSL don't get cut man... Its not my fault all fenders are soooooo damn ugly! :D If you were to burn the entire Ibanez factory to the ground they would still be a sexier guitar than the strat! ( Yeah I am a mad man trying to start world war three! ) hahaha! :ph34r:

Anyways I'm glad so many of you liked it... I dont really hate fenders that much... after all they burn really well in my wood burning stove... keeps the house nice and cosy!!!!! :D:DB)B)

mwa mwa mwa mwa mwa mwaaaaaaaaaaa B)

Ah and by the way for those interested... It sounds great... It plays with the feel of an ibanez at the upper frets now but still has the usual creamy fender tone... bags of sustain... and a really mellow middle! Well pleased! B) :o

plus we got all the crazy metalheads

As a crazy metalhead, I say that real metalheads don't never consider Ibanez as a guitar. Jackson Rules!

And I would prefer a U.S.A. strat to a Jem...

:D

mmm... looks like tsl602000, jsullysix and me are heretics...

this forum is full of ibanez guys B)

But wait, we have an alliance with B.C. Rich, a wellknown weapon manufacturer... oh... they say they're making guitars... yeah, with all that sharp bodies and headstock... who believes them? :ph34r:

As a crazy metalhead, I say that real metalheads don't never consider Ibanez as a guitar. Jackson Rules!

this forum is full of ibanez guys

I'm most definately not a metal head, but have to agree with Alchool...hehe...

However, us Blues guys do see an ibanez as a guitar... a student guitar that is... hehehe :D

Last Ibanez I played was a Roadster bass - a good 18-20 years ago. Was Quite ok, but bass players had very little choice back then.

I've come around to Fender guitars, have 2 Teles and a souped strat (not excess winds on pickups, just even more variety of sounds) and feel comfortable with them and their sound - and that's what it's mostly about. (well, it has to be, I have no nitro or roller or spray gun or sandpaper...)

yeh i'll give you guys my mustang if ya give me 500$ lol

and i am certainly not a ibanez fan! i never owned one and never will!

but i really do like what matia did to that guitar!

its not like he destroyed it to the piont that it cant be played, its still very playable and if yu attach the stap button on the body at the neck jiont you could easly play it at live gigs!

Keep on rockin matia!!!!!!!! :DB):D

Thanks rye!!!!! :D jeeeezzzz you fender guys are touchy!! hahaha I have to admit the fender is and always has been the benchmark for guitar design of the modern age... the reason I did what I did to mine is that I feel like Fender could do more to make its guitars that little bit more visually dramatic....

Yeah I know its a classic design and there is something to be said for that I agree but come on this is supposed to be one of the leading guitar makers in the world and when can you honestly say they last brought out a guitar that really made you stop and go WOW??? I just get the feeling the have become lethargic in what they do... and thats a shame given all the talent they must have working for them. So I guess this was just a poke in the eye really...

B)

I'm not taking about playability here as fender does do an excellent job as always... I'm taking pure snap knicker elastic at fifty paces dramatic effect...

anyways I'll take the mustang dude!!!!!! :D

right on about fender,i agree they need some new designs that are good, but i think after leo sold the co. they went downhill.

as for the mustang, i dont really want to get rid of it. i refinished it when i was like 17. i put a 60's mint bigsby on it and filled in the holes from the original trem with wood, but over the years the newer wood shrunk so you can see it in the finish.

i think im gonna do another refin on it and fix the paches a little better, now that i have a few years of experience under my belt.

its a 77' the neck is in great shape with a little wear on the back wich looks nice and the frets are all good and so are the tuners!

i was thinking of putting humbuckers in it, what do you think?

i never had the original pickguard so i made one out of alluminum it looks cool!

and never had the electronics either, its got ibanez single coils in it now yek!

they are the ones with the solid covers on em.

matia, make sure you post some of the finished pics on the site!

you should do like an airbrushed flame deal on it so it looks like real flames!

then you would have the ultimate hendrix burnt guitar!!! :D

Rye I'd definately put humbuckers on that mustang!!!!!! That would be cool! Actually I did finish the guitar and yeah if I was keeping it I'd definately be doing some kind of airbrush thing on it! but I have a UV1000MC on layby at the guitar shop so I decided to put the flame on evil bay australia. I sold my old one about 2 months agoand boy do I miss it! :D At the moment flame is at the guitar shop getting a pro setup ready for whoever buys it. Fenders just aint my thing whatever they look like! But that mustang sure sounds like a decent guitar!

However before I send it off to whoever buys it I'll take some better pic of it and post them up here!

cheers

B)

We'll hopefully we are trying to build better guitars than all of them.. or at least I hope that's our quest... but I have to give Matia credit for being original... I bet Prince would play that guitar anyday.. lol Just not sure if someone like Eric Clapton would look right playing it.. or BB King even.. lol... can you even visualize that... Anyway... as far as Fender being crap... yeah we all know they don't put out much good stuff anymore.. and for sometime in the 90's they routed out a swimming pool just for ease of pickup configuration.. they didn't care if the guitar sounded worse without pickup cavities.. lol.. mass produced.... but then again.. you've got to give Fender credit.. they have a certain sound you can only get with a Fender... that's why I have one.. But I also don't think Fender guitars with the single coil.. will do it for heavy metal.. lol.. Thus I pick up my Gibson Les Paul Custom for that... and it has that nice tone for those styles of music.. so basically each guitar has it's place.. That's why I'm not much on the Line6 Variax.. sure It comes close to sounding like the original.. but the feel of the guitars makes you play differently... and that's something they can't emulate.. I used to hate the old Ibanez guitars.. because they was made cheap and didn't stay in tune very good.. but they came on strong and have become a good guitar company... Jackson is a great guitar company also.. but guess what guys... Fender bought them out... if you don't believe me goto www.fender.com and see... actually I read an article with Dave Mustaine(Megadeth).. that said he wanted to buy Jackson when they sold it.. and had told them he did .. but they went with Fender and didn't want to work with him on a deal... so he even switched to ESP.. because they told him they would let him be the one to buy it if they ever sold... but anyway... Jackson is in the hands of Fender now.. so I'm wondering how that will turn out.. hopefully they'll still make them with flat radius necks instead of the kind Fender makes... thank god Fender finally made there radius somewhat bigger.. now at least you don't fret out when you bend in the upper regions of the neck... lol

plus we got all the crazy metalheads

this forum is full of ibanez guys B)

But wait, we have an alliance with B.C. Rich, a wellknown weapon manufacturer... oh... they say they're making guitars... yeah, with all that sharp bodies and headstock... who believes them? :ph34r:

got news for you.i play the heaviest metal around(not dokken or motley crue) and i play ibanez,b.c.rich,gibson,anything but jackson or fender.it's not the guitar it's the player.take ANY brand of guitar with an alder,mahogany,or even basswood body,put emgs in it,and put it through an amp with some gain and an eq and it will sound just great.

i am not a big ibanez fan but guess who is?alex skolnick,james murphy,scott ian,kirk hammett even had one.btw alcool your man dave mustaine even switched to esp. :D

this forum is full of ibanez guys

I'm most definately not a metal head, but have to agree with Alchool...hehe...

However, us Blues guys do see an ibanez as a guitar... a student guitar that is... hehehe :D

umm yeah.i have to agree for blues.i think nothing is better than a strat for blues.buuuttttt......i have dual emg 81s in my ibanez and when both are on the clean tone is pretty bluesy.but you are right.not like a strat.

yeah i knew someone would call me on that.but i used to have a picture in a mag from the 80s in which he was playing an ibanez.unless i am nuts.it may have been when he was with s.o.d.

but i am old and my memory is failing. :D

anyway point being many old school metal guitarists have been known to pick up an ibanez from time to time.and don't tell me you really believe that scott ian doesn't have an ibanez stashed away.he is just endorsed by jackson.jeff hanneman is endorsed by esp but still plays his old jackson alot in the studio.

i guess now we are stereotyping by guitar brands huh? B)

i am not a big ibanez fan but guess who is?alex skolnick,james murphy,scott ian,kirk hammett even had one.btw alcool your man dave mustaine even switched to esp. :D

Sad but true, Mustaine now uses ESP. B)

I didn't say that ALL metalheads have to use Jackson and spit on Ibanez, I

said that if I'm going to spend a lot of money for a good metal guitar, I would probably choose Jackson or B.C. Rich (but lower price stuff from B.C. Rich is crap :D ), and so would do many people I know.