Seymour Duncan Duncan Invader 7-string

!!METAL MATT!!

Hey guy's I was Looking At the new Seymour Duncan Duncan Invader 7-String pickup's For my new designs, And I was woundering If any one has tryed them out yet and if so What do you think of them?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/search...41634/src=00631

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I'm using a 6-string Invader on my Magnum648 and I like the sound of it, however the name invader is a bit over the top, I find it more like normal output blues/rock humbucker with a powerfull tone. The aluminium back on the magnum does anyway contribute to the tone, so it might have quite different characteristics in other guitars, but it isn't extremely "invading" I think.

james hetfield used the invader pre-emg till the puppets album. never did use the 7-string model. but i guess it won't be much of a difference. do take note that the invader is a pretty bass-heavy pickup. may be to bassy on a mahogany body. and especially so if you are using it on a 7-string. for a 7-string, i would suggest something more articulate to prevent your b string from turning into mush.

That pickup has a somewhat cool name and that is about it. If a SD Hotrail will span your seven string, I would go with one of them. Or a cool rail, your call. I put a JB on the bridge and a 2N on the neck of the first two 7-strings I made but I would REALLY like to try a rail on the next one. For the bridge position.

I Was under the impression that Dimbag used The Invader

Well I have A Quote from Dime about the pickup, But I guess That Really does Not mean That He really used One Or if it A real Quote :D

SH-8 Invader

When it calls for SUPER,SUPER OVERDRIVEN TONE, I go for the Invader

--Dimebag Darrell [PanterA]

Anyway It really does not sound Like it's for Me sofar!

Na, the dimebag pickup from seymour duncan sounds nothing like the invader. I have fitted loads to lots of customers guitars. Its night and day between them. I dont know why he said that?!!??!

The Dimebucker or the Full Shred give that cutting sound. Perfect for a guy with the Name METAL MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the invader is muddy for fast metal...i think for a 7 it would be unbearable.

james hetfield never used the invader as far as i know...he has been using emg since the late eightees...and before that i believe he used the stock 500t that came with his explorers from gibson

i don't believe the invader was even around until the late 90s...i never saw it,and i was always looking for the hot pickups.

but it is a very hot pickup...the dimebucker is hotter but lacks bottom end.

as far as duncans go i like the jb...