Schecter Models Comparison

christhegreat

Hi. I looked at schecter guitars, and they look like a great deal for the money. What's the catch?

I'd like to know a cuple of things also.

I'm planning on buying a C1 model.

I'm a jazz player and I'm looking for a guitar that will shred with good tone.

I have an Ibanez RG 1570. I like the action's feel, but intonation and tone are real crap, even with good pickups, and the damn LO-TRS trem won't stay in tune.

I like the fast action, but I'm looking for a little fatter neck so that the sound will be thicker and less brittle.

I was looking at the C1 classic.

Is the neck access a pain in the a** since they don't specify ultra access, or since it's a neckthrough it's easy to carve the neck access?

Also, that is the sound like? Brittle, cause of the maple neck, but does the glue of the neckthrough compensate?

Is the action loose and fast like an RG?

Is the wine of life inlay made of cheap material?

And in comparison to the C1 exotic?

Is the real maple cap really improving the tone?

How is the action compared to the two models, and compared to an RG, as it is my reference point.

Would like to get opinions and experiences.

Thanks.

i've only played a schecter for a half hour or so at a time in a guitar shop. it was a C1 plus.

that said, i haven't been impressed. the neck is really where i was disappointed. it's not super thick, but it's not thin either. it just didn't feel right in my hands (but that's not saying it won't feel right in yours). the action was much higher than the rg's i've played at a comparable price. i think rg's play much better.

the tone was nothing remarkable. pretty much what i'd expect from a $500 guitar. the duncan designed humbuckers in the one i played were usable, but i'd replace them as soon as i could.

i don't really see what's exotic about the C1 exotic. it's got a mahogany body and a maple top just like the rest of the C1 series. it's just flamed with a natural finish instead of quilted and dyed.

Keep in mind that most guitars can be setup to your specs.

As for the pickups, doesn't the C-1 have Duncan Jazz and '59s? From what I know (being a bass player and reading about these things) that is one of the most popular pickup combos.

I've handled/played and sold over 100 Schecters and have found them all to be of great quality especially for the money. IMO it's one of the best guitars out there in it's price range. The necks are nice, the pickups decent, the components are of decent quality, they're put together well, etc, etc, etc. Go to harmony Central and read the reviews. Last time I looked every review on the Schecters was great to outstanding. I don't think you'll be disappointed......

The C1 Classic has the SD JD and SD Jazz p'ups and the Exotic has the Super Rock's. I think the Super Rocks are going to be "dirtier" sounding than you want for jazz, but only your ears will know, not mine.

I recommend going to a store that carries them and playing them both. You'll get the answers to all of your questions best that way.

Best just go play them. There is no way anyone is going to be able to tell you it feels right or sounds good exept you. Just remember to test drive with your own amp if they don't have a problem with that ( and a good dealer shouldn't mind ). As for the specs, some designs may help with the access and tone you are after. The proof of this is still going to be found during the test drive. Just my 2 cents.

Peace, Rich

I was asking because the dealer near me has the left-handed models on special order only. I played a schecter once, along with an esp ec-1000, and hated the esp. I didn't know about schecter and was a shitty player at that time, and they don't have the schecter anymore in stock.

I want to know how those model sound and feel in an objective way. I don't want to know if this one is the one I shold buy. I just want to know if the got fast and loose feel, if the body's tone is good or ok. And I don't want it to play jazz since I've already got a jazz guitar. I want to know if the C1 classic is a bright guitar, if the C1 exotic is fuller (I don't care for the pickups since I can always change them if I want).

i have owned both.the schecters are about the same quality all the way around as the rg..the only exceptions are the rgt,which is far superior...and the fact that you can get set neck shecters

and the schecters can come with duncan pups

the schecters have nicer tops and inlays...but i am speaking of playability and sound.

besides...schecter and esp are the same company,last i heard..and most korean guitars are subbed out to samick anyway...

Hi. I looked at schecter guitars, and they look like a great deal for the money. What's the catch?

I'd like to know a cuple of things also.

I'm planning on buying a C1 model.

I'm a jazz player and I'm looking for a guitar that will shred with good tone.

I have an Ibanez RG 1570. I like the action's feel, but intonation and tone are real crap, even with good pickups, and the damn LO-TRS trem won't stay in tune.

I like the fast action, but I'm looking for a little fatter neck so that the sound will be thicker and less brittle.

I was looking at the C1 classic.

Is the neck access a pain in the a** since they don't specify ultra access, or since it's a neckthrough it's easy to carve the neck access?

Also, that is the sound like? Brittle, cause of the maple neck, but does the glue of the neckthrough compensate?

Is the action loose and fast like an RG?

Is the wine of life inlay made of cheap material?

And in comparison to the C1 exotic?

Is the real maple cap really improving the tone?

How is the action compared to the two models, and compared to an RG, as it is my reference point.

Would like to get opinions and experiences.

Thanks.

i find it weird that you have a TRS trem on your 1570. all 570s (and the prestige models) came with edge trems ever since... Edited by iskim86

i don't really see what's exotic about the C1 exotic.  it's got a mahogany body and a maple top just like the rest of the C1 series.  it's just flamed with a natural finish instead of quilted and dyed.

If it's in the Diamond Series like my 006, I think they are maple veneered. The exotics are actually thick carved maple tops. I know for a fact that my 006 is veneered - the adhesive failed and the veneer actually pulled away from the body.

Oh. I hope it's not a common issue with the schecters.

And I do have a RG570, not a 1570, sorry for the mistake.

Anyone knows if the overall quality on 1570 is really better (except for the edge trem)? The problem anyways is that the rg sounds thin. I would like a fast feel guitar with full tone. I was wondering what the tone difference is between the C1 Exotic and the C1 Classic in terms of basic sound.

thanks

Oh. I hope it's not a common issue with the schecters.

And I do have a RG570, not a 1570, sorry for the mistake.

Anyone knows if the overall quality on 1570 is really better (except for the edge trem)? The problem anyways is that the rg sounds thin. I would like a fast feel guitar with full tone. I was wondering what the tone difference is between the C1 Exotic and  the C1 Classic in terms of basic sound.

thanks

shecter guitars are usually great for the money. (with the possible exception of the omen6 and 006) I dont think they are usually the greatest for jazz, but the c1 has a duncan jb, which is so versatile, it should work. most duncan neck pickups work good for jazz, so it should be ok. Dont get the exiotic unless you really like how it looks, it really isnt an improvement over the classic in sound quality.