Humbucker Size On Tele Bridge

I`m building a some kind of a telecaster with standard humbucker tele bridge, I have a chance to get some humbucker at low price but I have just realised, I do not know if it takes normal (Gibson) sized or F humbucker, as tele humbridge is made of solid brass I do assume it is not very tolerant to wrongsized pickup, is there anyone who knows?

Thanks

I`m building a some kind of a telecaster with standard humbucker tele bridge, I have a chance to get some humbucker at low price but I have just realised, I do not know if it takes normal (Gibson) sized or F humbucker, as tele humbridge is made of solid brass I do assume it is not very tolerant to wrongsized pickup, is there anyone who knows?

Thanks

The normal sized one I assume. F-spaced is for guitars with tremolos.

But it is a tele-bridge with humbucker space yes?

Wait till someone who really knows tells you...

EDIT: See, I told you. As it seems I was wrong :D

Edited by Mr.Churchyard

most of them i've seen you need the f spaced pickup, cause tele's in general have pretty wide string spacing at the bridge.

you might want to phone the maker/seller of the bridge, they should be able to confirm what i just said, i remember warmoth for example used to have a diagram of the Hum tele bridge they sold.

Edited by krazyderek

Honestly, if you're getting a sweet deal on the pickup, go ahead and BUY IT. I played a non-F-spaced Duncan Alnico II Pro in my Strat for years and never noticed a high-E dropout from not having the screw directly under the center of the string. That was from a relatively weak pickup, too. You probably won't notice, either. Because of the magnetic field of a humbucker, it's really not much of an issue--especially if you can save a few bucks in the process.