Every "ROSE" has it's Thorn

I'm having a problem with My FLOYD tuning

Very Slight Change in tuning after slamming the Trem.

I've seen Black Springs and silver springs , Also dull silver one's Does that designate tension?

Are there special springs for "Floyds" ?

A certain amount of springs?

Pattern of mounting them such as end to middle ?

any advise would help!!

Max! :DB)

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

err :D umm B) sorry to make a errevelent reply. I never had used a floyd. I just couldn't resist the temptation. :D

We'll My Floyd Level and tunes to a 440 nicely after lock down.

I'll play it normaly and then do a few dives some Hard ones then the

strings are a little under a 1 step flat if i tap the rear of the floyd

it goes right back to normal.

so Iguess my Question is are my springs to Sprung or not sprung enough

or do I have the wrong springs.

i've found that my guitar tends to like lighter guage strings, i usualy play 50-10, but my floyd tends to return to more in tune with 46-10's, i've had the same problem, after hudge dives of big pulls, all the strings will be equaly sharp or flat but 5 or 6 cents (yes i can definitly hear it), i've tried everything, making sure the edges were sharp, no obstructions, good srpings, setting the strings up in the V style, lubbing and cleaing the contact points, it never really went away, i even replaced the bridge with a brand new real floyd rose, still the same thing, i've just learned to correct it after i do alot of trem work, after a while i've gotten used to it, it's just as subtle a movement as adjusting the volume or selecting the middle pickup in the middle of a solo.. but i hope u have better luck then me. Course i have been known to hear things that other people don't, mabey i just have really picky ears :DB)

Something I decided to address when I was suping up my Strat(the one I re-radiused the fretboard) were the posts for the trem - a Floyd Rose "PRO" - which were the wood screw type and had ovaled out the wood from many years of use. I went the bushing/stud route. But since I had 2 sets of studs/bushing around I came up with the idea of locking the studs. I found I could screw the studs into the bushings from either end (of the bushing), imagine a bushing with a stud sticking out of both ends, a mirror image. So to mount that in the guitar I first drilled all the way throught the body where the woodscrew studs had been. With just enough room for a stud to go in from the back. Then I drilled the top bushing holes and epoxied them in. I had to grind the tops off the studs that would do the locking, this part \ / to make it more l l so it would fit in the rear hole. It totally worked! After being spoiled by Ibanez locking studs I had to figure out a way with my Floyd Rose. I don't see doing this to a prized possession, but my old Strat is a player guitar.

i've found that my guitar tends to like lighter guage strings, i usualy play 50-10, but my floyd tends to return to more in tune with 46-10's, i've had the same problem, after hudge dives of big pulls, all the strings will be equaly sharp or flat but 5 or 6 cents (yes i can definitly hear it), i've tried everything, making sure the edges were sharp, no obstructions, good srpings, setting the strings up in the V style, lubbing and cleaing the contact points, it never really went away, i even replaced the bridge with a brand new real floyd rose, still the same thing, i've just learned to correct it after i do alot of trem work, after a while i've gotten used to it, it's just as subtle a movement as adjusting the volume or selecting the middle pickup in the middle of a solo.. but i hope u have better luck then me. Course i have been known to hear things that other people don't, mabey i just have really picky ears :DB)

Replace the posts it sounds like the knife edges are binding in the posts. pull the trem then unscrew one of the posts and set it against the knife edge of the trem, then rock it back and forth and you'll see the trem binding in the posts, the only way to fix it is to get new posts with a slightly wider "v" or file the baseplate on the trem to a more gradual taper to the knife edge

when i got the new one everything was new, the posts, bridge, springs, spring caul, ... so it's not that... and it can't be binding....cause i mean it still happens on small treml movement where it doesn't move enough in the V to touch the outside of it..... i swear i'm cursed... i'll have to record a little mp3 for u guys and see if u can hear it.

ok wait i just thought about it again, (the guitar is in peices right now though) i remember being able to see that the bridge doesn't freely return to the right place (yes the new one with perfectly new edges and posts) but if i pushed it back to the center it would stay there until i did something else on the trem... i mean i really does sound like binding!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR maybe 2 stretched out springs would be better then 3 ?

when i got the new one everything was new, the posts, bridge, springs, spring caul, ... so it's not that... and it can't be binding

Wanna Bet? '98 through 2002 Ibanez Edge and Lo-Pro Edge equipped Guitars had horrible binding problems right out of the box. Just because the parts are brand new doesn't meant they're right

when i got the new one everything was new, the posts, bridge, springs, spring caul, ... so it's not that... and it can't be binding

Wanna Bet? '98 through 2002 Ibanez Edge and Lo-Pro Edge equipped Guitars had horrible binding problems right out of the box. Just because the parts are brand new doesn't meant they're right

it wasn't an ibanez..... t'was floyd rose's from germany, any history of problems with those? where there ever any issues with those binding? i should really put that guitar back together so i can work on it as we're talking about it...