Warmoth Bodies

Im looking at the mockingbird bass body form warmoth. Does anyone have a good history wih them. Will they work with any neck or will i have to buy a warmoth one also.

Ive been thinking of getting a lacewood laminate top on korina, Good combination?

Is there a point having a bass tremolo, i play mostly rhcp stuff and a bit of primus.

From what i have read, lots and lots of people love warmoth guitar products. I wouldnt really find a point spending that much money on a bass tremolo either (thats my oppinion tho) thats about all i know someone else is bound to come with all the answers

good luck

I've used a bunch of their stuff and had ZERO trouble. The prices are a bit steep, IMHO, but the quality, staff and overall painlessness of the transactions make Warmoth top notch in my book.

With regard to the neck pocket... Check the FAQs on the site for heel/pocket dimensions and see what's there. If you're going to custom order the body, have them make the neck pocket to your neck's dimensions.

Have fun. :D

MLAR, Cor

You can't go wrong with a Warmoth... real top quality stuff, and they back it up with a guarantee. All of their neck pockets (except the Gecko bass) are Fender standard, but I would highly recommend buying one of their necks. I've got a Warmoth 5-string jazz bass and that neck is rock-solid.

You could find cheaper parts elsewhere, but you get what you pay for :D

Mike

Don't bother with a bass trem unless you are rich. If you notice, Les Claypool rarely uses his anyway. He said in an interview that it was too hard to keep in tune, so he only uses it has a special effect rather than using it often.

very nice, but it sucks for me. being foreign and all that. Anyone in aus used warmoth, im wondering how the stuff gets delivered and what sort of fees will be applicable when recieved.

I got a warmoth body and neck delivered to me here in Queensland and I can tell you the quality was excellent, you need not worry there.

Postage was... a pain. If the total is going to exceed $1000AU, then your in for some fun with customs (lots of forms and an extra $50 on top of the GST/Duty)... otherwise, just get it posted standard airmail and be ready to *maybe* pay 10%GST and 5% Duty, depending on the value of the stuff and how nice the customs people are feeling.

If you use UPS, then be prepared for some serious fees, ESPECIALLY if the goods are worth over $1000AU. They will charge for taxes, brokerage, drinks, plane fuel, damage to the ozone layer, inflight entertainment and sometimes even snacks. I've even heard of cases where the UPS charges were in excess of 50% of the value of the goods. But the upside is that it will get to you fast, and its fully insured and such.

Good luck :D

- Dan

Hey

I want a Mustang and am thinking of buying everything off Warmoth, are the parts Accurate in relation to the originals? i.e will my mustang be the same as a fender mustang?

Its going to cost me about $500 is there any where that I could get the parts cheaper?

or could someone build me one cheaper?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I really want a standard competition fender but, wont bother with warmoth if the parts arnt the same as fender parts.

Oh and they did stop making mustangs didn't they? when was the latest reissue?