onboard...thing

weezerboy

would it be possible to install such a thing on a guitar where you have a switch(on/off) and a knob(pitch) so that you can have guitar and a wierd synth coming out of the same output. has anyone seen any scematics for such a device?

theoretically, yes you can mount a synth inside a guitar. But what kind of synth and why on earth would you do that? If you need something like that, Roland makes guitar/floorboard setups that can do that, and would be much more versatile.

when i say 'synth' i mean it in the simplest sense of the word.

what i want is a continuous note that can be switch on and off and have the pitch altered.

so maybe synth isn't the right word!

when i say 'synth' i mean it in the simplest sense of the word.

what i want is a continuous note that can be switch on and off and have the pitch altered.

so maybe synth isn't the right word!

That would be a HFO, or high-frequency ocillator. :D

It's just one note, and you could change the pitch in a number of ways. But, are you thinking about notes from the strings and frets? That would involve putting wires to every fret (inside the neck) and having each string issolated so that when they make contact, they tell the HFO what note to produce.

Oh yeah, they made this already back in the 70's. The Guitorgan, I think, and legend has it that Edgar Winter used one to play Frankenstein!

da-da-da-dah, da-da-dah-daaaaaaah, da-da-dah-do-dah. B)

Oh yeah, they made this already back in the 70's. The Guitorgan, I think, and legend has it that Edgar Winter used one to play Frankenstein!

In my uneducated youth I had a chance to buy a vox guitar organ for about £80. I passed.. I still hit myself over that choice occasionally...

• 8 months later...

hmm i have a freq generator that you can manipulate via a knob and mount it on a guiatr, i actually used to make them on a push pull to kill the guitar output and just use this, to vary the pitch of it like a weird psycho theremin or whacked out synth.. heres a sample of it.

http://geocities.com/austenfantanio/hotdamen.wav

http://geocities.com/austenfantanio/divisionhell

its pretty easy to build, i have updated teh scheme though but i dotn' really keep this website up todate anymore.. i also have pcb layout too. if anyone is interested, and kits as well

for like 5 dollars for a kit