Rg 7 String Style

Hi, I will start with my RG 7 String Copy tomorrow. To get the body shape, I took all Ibanez templates from the Download Area and put them together and cut it out the way I liked it the best. So now I have a RG-JEM-Universe-K7. IHere are some specs:

- RG-Style Body with natural binding

- 2 Piece Hoduran Mahogani body with flamed Maple top.

- 5-Piece Neck (Hard Maple and Wenge), Ibanez Headstock

- Bindigs on neck and headstock, no inlays, wenge on headstock front.

- Floyd Rose Tremolo

- Standard schematics, but toggle switch.

- Pickups are Dimarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone. Don't know, which pickup to put in

bridge and neck position. HELP PLEASE!!!

Here's a picture of the maple for the top:

e2e55b63.jpg

more pictures, when the rest of the wood arrives tomorrow hopefully.

I'd go for a Seymour Duncan distortion in the birdge position or a EMG 707, but that's just me, i had a 7 string with a Di Marzio Blaze and i didn;t like it and i would use a hot rod double action truss rod, just because they're easy to install, but it'd mean you'll have to settle with a thicker neck

• 1 month later...

hi, i put the maple aside and did some work on a 6 string rg copy. it was supposed to have NO aanj and so there was enough wood left to do an aanj for a 7 string guitar. i had the body planned down to 40mm now and put an 5mm ash top on there. weird wood combination, right?!? has anybody ever done this?! it looks really good though. before i did the routings, i took only one picture (see below) most of the routings are done by now, but no pictures taken yet. i hope it will workout good.

8bcc49ec.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi, did some more work on the 7 string. the pickup and floyd rose routing didn't come out to good. maybe i'll use mounting rings for the pickups. the back turned out pretty good. now i'll complete the shapings and the neck mouting holes and hopefully can start painting tonight. let me know what you think.

54e73c48.jpg

Back

i had the body planned down to 40mm now and put an 5mm ash top on there. weird wood combination, right?!? has anybody ever done this?

You mean the mahogany back with ash top? If so yes, but not as thin as you did. A 1" mah 3/4 ash one I did a while ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC01749.jpg

Dude, 1.75" = the same as 45mm (well, 44.45mm). Completely standard thickness, the both of ya!

:D

thanks, next time the pickup routings will hopefully get a little cleaner.

i put it in warm/hot water for a while and then heated it with a hair dryer while bending it down the shaping. i took glue that didn't get hard in a couple of minuten to have more time to go step by step. worked perfect. i hope it stays where it is.

• 3 weeks later...

that flying v is build by coxx...i got it on ebay for $100...its 2 piece korina with maple neck...the head sucks...but its open book, i wish i had that on my epi les paul :-) ...when i got some time i will change it to gibson dimensions...it sounds really good though and its not cheap at all...it might have been build in an epiphone factory, because on the back of the head the same guy signed, as on my les paul custom, which is in the picture also...

2c27340e.jpg

V_2