Wood Dealers In Canada

is there anyone in Canada :D that deals out wood for building guitars, Ontario mainly? I have gotten a bunch of tools that I can use for building a guitar and am going to make a Strat copy, using the specs from my own cheap Strat to do so but with numerous modifications that fit the original 1954 Strat design such as shallow pickups, Alder body, quarter sawn maple neck V shaped like the 57 Strat neck as well as a few electronic modifications that are used on Fender's Eric Johnson signature models. Hopefully doing so will give me the tonality that I am after, especially with my 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue amp that I have now.

I ordered my wood from A&M woods, which is in... hmm... I can't remember, but near Toronto anyhow. The website is:

http://www.forloversofwood.com

There's not a HUGE selection of exotic woods for guitar-building, but they have the basics onhand, and since they stock woods for other purposes, they may be able to custom order and joint some for you.

Greg

I ordered my wood from A&M woods, which is in... hmm... I can't remember, but near Toronto anyhow.

They are in Cambridge, about an hour outside of Toronto. If you live in that general area drop me a PM and I'll give you the number of a guy in London where I get my wood. Prices are better than A&M and the owner and his wife are two of the friendliest, most helpful people you'll meet.

Thanks david. He sells violin/cello tops on ebay. Been looking for a nearby source for that stuff. :D