Are These Any Good?

Link

I was wondering what the hell these are and if you think they are any good... I suppose the answer is no but I noticed the bragging about it not being "the cheapo "Pot Metal" bridge so many others sell- this is the real deal-Genuine Licensed Floyd Rose quality- solid machined STEEL baby-"

What do you think?

I for instance have even no idea what sort of floyd they copied. It does have a normal floyd style locking nut as far as I can see and it is supposed to work with normal strings so it cannot be a copy of the new Speedloader.

So I am a bit confused.

I don't know about this bridge in particular, but everything I have ever gotten from the GF guy has been supurb.  He's got some nice stuff and seems to be pretty discriminating about the items he sells.

still waitin on floyd i orderd from him in fact stuff i orderd a week earlier from somewhere eles has turned up still no floyd im startin to get pissed :D:D

This guy has no idea about Floyds.

If he did, he would know what a Speedloader is.

"Even better- it's an entirely new type of Floyd based upon the "Speedloader" style- BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE-Forget about the fussy snip-the-end-off-the-string deal- just pop your strings through the tubes and you're all set- NO locks on the saddles, and they got the geometry right because I have Dive Bombed the crap out of this thing and it is RIGHT ON THE MONEY! Yes folks- this bridge can accept regular strings- no special Floyd strings needed."

If it takes any strings (not special "Floyd" strings) then it's not a Speedloader!

Speedloader systems have special strings, with "ball ends" on both ends. You drop them in, and you're almost instantly in tune and ready to play.

What he's selling is a Floyd copy that allows you to install the strings without cutting off the ball ends. Besides that, it's still a regular Floyd...

It drives me nuts to see all these bridges advertised as "Speedloader" style, yet they have nothing in common with the Speedloader.

:D

well his auction said they were finally back in stock so I would say the one you ordered was backordered. If you look at his reviews, it seems to close hundreds of auctions each month.

Yes he's not up to speed on his floyd technology. I think all he means is you can drop the ball end into the trem end instead of having to snip the ball off.

Like I said, everything I have ever gotten from him is first rate.

Yes he's not up to speed on his floyd technology.  I think all he means is you can drop the ball end into the trem end instead of having to snip the ball off.

Like I said, everything I have ever gotten from him is first rate.

That was my impression too... But I like the idea to have a quite normal Floyd with the added benefit of not having to snip the ballend off. Question is whether it is a good unit, but I am now really considering to get one. What did you buy from him by the way?

Edited by Mr.Churchyard

I don't know about this bridge in particular, but everything I have ever gotten from the GF guy has been supurb.  He's got some nice stuff and seems to be pretty discriminating about the items he sells.

Not to mention he is extremely easy to get along with.

I've bought from the guy at least a half dozen times with no trouble what so ever. The bridge is a Mighty Mite and I've considered picking one up to try out..haven't gotten around to it.

I've bought from the guy at least a half dozen times with no trouble what so ever.  The bridge is a Mighty Mite and I've considered picking one up to try out..haven't gotten around to it.

You are right, thank you for the information... Mighty Mite Floyds, seems to be a MM1106, although it is not listed as being available in gold...

nothing like a speedloader.

one thing.it will not stay in tune as well if the strings are not snipped...the winding at the ball end will move.i think it is a bad idea.

but kahler does the no snipping thing as well,but it is reccomended you solder the ball ends to prevent the slipping.

I bought one from him about a month ago for a project I'm working on, but it's still a few weeks from being assembled so I can't give a review on it quite yet. The trem seems like a nice high quality unit but all along I have been concerned about tuning stability with no lock at the bridge. Also, I'm not sure what it's compatible with, I was just going to use all of the routing templates off of the floyd rose site but I realized that they won't work so I ended up having to create a whole set of templates from scratch. Thankfully I have access to a laser engraver at work and a cool boss so I was able to cut a set of templates out of 1/4" acrylic.

I bought one from him about a month ago for a project I'm working on, but it's still a few weeks from being assembled so I can't give a review on it quite yet.  The trem seems like a nice high quality unit but all along I have been concerned about tuning stability with no lock at the bridge.  Also, I'm not sure what it's compatible with, I was just going to use all of the routing templates off of the floyd rose site but I realized that they won't work so I ended up having to create a whole set of templates from scratch. Thankfully I have access to a laser engraver at work and a cool boss so I was able to cut a set of templates out of 1/4" acrylic.

Talk about fringe benefits! Too cool! :D