Do We Have Any Andy Timmons Fans Here?

TenderSurrender

Timmons is a great player! His old band would never tell you so. Remeber the band - Danger, Danger - ?? He was the guitar player for that. There good ol' song "Let's get Naughty, Naughty".

Back when Napster was first out, I would search for all kinds of obscure <sp?> guitar stuff, and came across his music. I actually used one of his songs at my wedding! Very cool stuff. I am pretty sure he has still got an Ibanez Signature guitar! This guy is great, and so is his music! If you have not checked him out, you guys should...I would just pass on the previous Danger Danger stuff...

Andy Timmons is one of the most emotional players I've ever heard. For example, "Electric Gypsy" and "There are No Words". And of course, he can shred too. ^__^

Andy Timmons Rawks!

EDIT: I have a few songs I can send if you like. Just PM me.

Edited by Hunter

He's got a signature guitar too. 

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=AT300

With them retailing at what seems to be the £1000 mark, i think they can stay where they are for now :D

Still want hunt down the strat though!

The strat body is like the same as a usual one but it has an ibanez Neck on it and it looks so nice!

The only Ibanez Strat i can find is the 2375W, Which was part of the "Lawsuit" :D

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Edited by SlainAngel

His Ibanez guitar with the pickguard looks like an HSS RG. It is not at all a normal shaped strat either, it looks like an RG.

EDIT:

photo_08_lg.jpg

Yeah, that looks like an HSS RG to me.

EDIT 2:

It doesn't have normal singlecoils, it's got the stacked humbuckers (Aka singlecoil size humbuckers)

Edited by Hunter

His Ibanez guitar with the pickguard looks like an HSS RG.  It is not at all a normal shaped strat either, it looks like an RG.

EDIT:

Picture link

Yeah, that looks like an HSS RG to me.

EDIT 2:

It doesn't have normal singlecoils, it's got the stacked humbuckers (Aka singlecoil size humbuckers)

:D Dont mind me whilst i just go crawl into a corner...

Cant beleive i mistaken that for a strat... ive never seen a close picture, but always presumed it was some form of Ibanez Strat :D

So with the new found info, do we know if these retail to the public?

~~ Slain Angel ~~

I think that was one of Andy's older signature guitars.  He's had 3:

The AT100

The AT200

The AT300

I'm not sure what they look like, but I know the AT200 and AT300 are the same except for the body wood.  I can't find much of anything on the AT100.

I *BELIVE* but could be mistaken, but it was the same guitar that he used during the Ibanez 90th celebrations with Gilbert and Vai...If thats any help

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Edited by SlainAngel

I saw him play here in the Philippines last year when he did guitar clinics across Asian cities. He's one hell of a musician. He seemed like a real nice guy, too.

Here's an amateur video of him playing in some festival. It's not exactly a small file, the video's dark, and I'm not sure if it's still online, but if you're really curious...

http://www.zizzetope.it/andy_timmons_live_in_bauscialand.wmv

AFAIK, the songs played are:

Super 70's

Pink Champagne Sparkle

Falling Down

Beautiful Strange

Cry For You

I saw him play here in the Philippines last year when he did guitar clinics across Asian cities. He's one hell of a musician. He seemed like a real nice guy, too.

Here's an amateur video of him playing in some festival. It's not exactly a small file, the video's dark, and I'm not sure if it's still online, but if you're really curious...

http://www.zizzetope.it/andy_timmons_live_in_bauscialand.wmv

Great vid, thanks. Very funny when the Italians make him say "E che cazzo" at the end :D

Yep, that's an AT100, his first signature guitar, which was a limited custom show run.  Supposedly very, very few of them exist.  The AT200 and AT300 were/are full production models.

GBT

Sooo based on that theory, the chances of me getting one are very slim.... :D

I sense a new project though if i cant buy one.. MAKE ONE :D

~~ Slain Angel ~~