Boss Gt-pro

mullmuzzler

Yeah, the 845$ makes it a bit steep. Line 6 POD XT Pro is around 650, maybe even 700$. Should I go for the BOSS, or satisfy myself with Line 6...? Which one's "better", in your opinion? I don't have any expirience with Roland's equipment, but I've tried Line 6 POD XT Pro and Behringer's V-AMP Pro, and they both sound great!

Also, they have (BOSS) a MIDI controller that is simillar to Behringer's... Nice...

Regards,

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Everybody always tries to copy Boss, but they just can't get there. There IS a noticable difference in sound and construction quality. I've owned my GT-3 for five years now and it's still going strong. Most of my friends play Boss and Roland, especially if they've owned Digitech or Line 6 before. Bulletproof equipment.

To get any better, you'd have to shell out some serious scratch for a TC Electronic-level system.

woaa dude those are retail prices B)

If I recall correctly, both can be had for 400 pretty much at any big retailers. US dollars that is. Maybe there's a 50 bucks difference between the Boss and the Line 6 though.

Where :D ? Could zou post a link? I don`t think that I saw it for less than those figures from my post... :D

So, BOSS is `tha thang` then, huh?

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

I think people seem to like the line6 amp models better than boss', but on the other hand the effects are said to be much better on the boss. The boss has dual preamp, which means it can have 2 amps at the same time in mono or stereo, and one can be delayed etc. Both have PC connectivity, and seem to have the usual connections. Why don't you go and try them out?

Ohhh my bad, duh! I thought you were talking about the GT8 and the Pod XT live. DUH stupid me!

I think the GTpro is indeed a little better than the GT8. But you do get a floorboard with both the POD XTlive and the GT8. I personally think it's better but it depends on your uses for it I guess. I think the rack versions have more connectivity.

Sorry again for my stupidity!

After gathering some reviews I would test drive them with my guitar setup and listen to;

1. Which one sounds better (of course) ie; Are they useable sounds for what I'd use them for?

2. How user friendly are they? It sucks having to spend hours learning to use a piece of equipment at my level (I'm not a sound engineer). :D

3. Will it fit my future needs? ie; expandable/upgradable

4. Price difference after I go though steps 1-3

5. Will my wife counter my purchase with a new wardrobe, appliances, etc. :D Or, if you live with the parents, will they tan your hide? :D

6. Will I go into debt, screw up my credit, or be stuck eating Top Ramen for the next year?

That's a pretty basic guideline I use when buying new equipment or tools which is probably why I hardly ever get to buy gear/tools.

I can make it through steps 1-4 but it's step 5 that's the killer (sometimes literally B) ).

I think people seem to like the line6 amp models better than boss', but on the other hand the effects are said to be much better on the boss. The boss has dual preamp, which means it can have 2 amps at the same time in mono or stereo, and one can be delayed etc. Both have PC connectivity, and seem to have the usual connections. Why don't you go and try them out?

Well, that makes sense, given that Line6 pioneerd amp sim technology (DigiDesign's Amp Farm software/hardware, anyone?), and has been developing it ever since. The GuitarPort is still a lovely little piece of practice kit/bang for the buck modelling/recording, IMO. This said, I'd rather have a Boss effects pedal any day.

Well, I would, if I needed/wanted anything beyond the lovely tones I can get outta my Rivera TBR-1, and the cheapish Lexicon does just fine for yer basic verbs, delays and modulation.

Anybody who's interested in virtual amps (ie. through the computer rather than as a standalone) has got to check out this thread at the K-v-R forum:

Page 1 of 47 (and going strong)

It's just continuing discussion and details (and mp3 demos) of a virtual amp that's being released 3rd quarter this year (or was it 4th quarter?). He's constantly taking submissions for demos, too, so if you record a completely dry demo track, yours might end up in the thread. :D

Here's the latest demo, demonstrating heavy power chords:

http://dimitar.audioshot.net/MoreChugaChuga.mp3

Unfortunately, it won't be free. But for ~$200 USD, I'm almost sold on it. I'll wait for the demo so that I can try it for myself, but it's fairly convincing. You wouldn't know that's just a dry guitar signal being processed through a plug-in if nobody told you. Also, while this demo is for a crunchy 'metal' (sort of) sound, the developer is more of a blues, jazz, classic-rock oriented guy, so it should end up being very versatile.

Greg