Voodoo Color?

MattHatter

I've been looking into making my own custom guitar and was wondering if anyone knows how/if i can get a finish like the Gibson Voodoo series guitars, since the voodoo series gibsons are no longer being made i thought i might as well make my own.

Edited by MattHatter

I found this :

The swamp ash body and special finish give the Voodoos a lighter feel. Swamp ash is 10 percent lighter than mahogany and more porous. The guitars are painted ebony and then rubbed with red filler; a satin lacquer coat completes the unique stained finish, showcasing the grain and allowing the wood to breathe.

Voodoo-Les-Paul-small.jpg

No not before me!!!!!! Ive been talking about a voodoo finish Sg for 2 years, and am finaly starting to order things for it and you jumo in aahhh. Anyways theres a hint, do a search I have threads on it. Black paint with no filler then red grainfiller over it and there you go.

No not before me!!!!!! Ive been talking about a voodoo finish Sg for 2 years, and am finaly starting to order things for it and you jumo in aahhh. Anyways theres a hint, do a search I have threads on it. Black paint with no filler then red grainfiller over it and there you go.

This is funny, i'm currently designing a guitar that will have a voodoo finish. I played the explorer and though it was better than the 'goth' range, nice tone, and that finish is wonderful.