Inga - Zebrawood And Mahogany Bass

This is a 3pc Zebrawood and Mahogany body, neck is mahogany with a Pau Ferro fretboard that complements the Zebrawood. Headstock has a matching Zebrawood lam top and a graphite nut. Real Mahogany control knobs and matching cavity cover. 4 string, EMG P-bass and J-bass pickups and black hardware. What do you think?

Bottom horn

top horn

From bottom

Pics are big, so I linked them.

Edited by Doeringer

It looks good!! :D Now take it apart and wet sand it and buff it!! that's some BIG time orange peel

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I have taken that pic out.

He said He took out that Pic :D It wan an old pic from before he sanded it :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Thanks all!

Are the front pickups not normally the other way round? Or did you put them that way to get a "bassier" sound on the D and G strings? Nice bass either way!

Fender standard is to have the lower sting half of the pickup toward the neck, but it is also normally the only pickup. Switching the position does provide a little more bite on the lower strings. Alvarez and Ibanez (and others) also use this positioning on some of their models.

Pr3Va1L - I have not weighed it on a digital scale but from what I can feel, it is no heavier than mahogany. Besides it is just a little more than 1/3 of the thickness and the body is very contoured. I'll try to get specific weights asap. thanks.