new guy here, just wanted to say hey!

Hey there jai,

Actually a little bit. I've built a solid body made of ash split by a piece of rosewood and used a carvin neck on it. Did an inlay on it and looks pretty good but I have to say the one I'm pretty proud of is an "F" style mandolin that I used Roger Siminoffs book to guide me. That was a very hard project but I'm glad I finished it! I'm working on another solid body made of solid walnut that will have only a transducer in it with no visible pickups. It's a carved top so it was pretty tricky for me to do but it's getting along. I'm in the wetsanding stage now so it' won't be too long till it's finished(I hope :D ).

Thanks,

Dave->

Welcome to the best builder's site on the web Dave!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there jai,

Actually a little bit. I've built a solid body made of ash split by a piece of rosewood and used a carvin neck on it. Did an inlay on it and looks pretty good but I have to say the one I'm pretty proud of is an "F" style mandolin that I used Roger Siminoffs book to guide me. That was a very hard project but I'm glad I finished it! I'm working on another solid body made of solid walnut that will have only a transducer in it with no visible pickups. It's a carved top so it was pretty tricky for me to do but it's getting along. I'm in the wetsanding stage now so it' won't be too long till it's finished(I hope :D ).

Thanks,

Dave->

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like that archtop is going to be a real beaut. Can you post some pictures when you're done? B)