Glassing

Brian

Hummmmmmmmmaybe :D Thought about getting some really thin natural things to do a pattern on the body and then spraying them so they are in the finish.

what do you mean by "natural things"? Leaves and stuff?

The only concern that I would have is that it might be a bear to sand and polish, but it can probably be done.

doesn't parker use a sheet of carbon fiber on the back of their guitar for strength? i guess that's not really a finishing aspect since it's on the back and it's black... :D

Rainsong guitars

All carbon fiber guitars finished with their molding resin.

Like I say, there is no reason it can't be done. Fiberglass resin and epoxy glass resin are basically thicker versions of certain types of clear coat.

The Parker fly deluxe's were carbon fiber all around, it was an exoskeleton, the classics are wood bodies, maple or mahogany, with poplar cored necks covered in carbon fiber, the fretboards are solid carbon fiber.

Any component type paint is a resin and hardener. Edura is an epoxy paint, Poly Esters are (duh) polyester. In fiberglassing you will see epoxy resins, poly ester resins, and vinylester resins usually.

However, be aware that MOST resins used for fiberglassing are colored slightly, even the crystal cast stuff sometimes discolors when curing.

The other thing to remember is that ALL fiberglass resins cure by heating, some get incredibly hot, keep that in mind when you are putting your images etc on the body.

Hummmmmmmmmaybe  :D  Thought about getting some really thin natural things to do a pattern on the body and then spraying them so they are in the finish.

what do you mean by "natural things"? Leaves and stuff?

The only concern that I would have is that it might be a bear to sand and polish, but it can probably be done.

My only concern is that the "leaves and stuff" might make the guitar illegal to own and sell. :D

Oh, and I guess you should wax pot the pickups too.

I'm sorry. I'll go away now. B)

The Parker fly ..... classics are wood bodies, maple or mahogany, with poplar cored necks covered in carbon fiber, the fretboards are solid carbon fiber.

i thought they used basswood at the core of their necks?