Where To Ground On A Hardtail Strat

Ledzendrix1128

This is a pretty straigh forward question... i just need to know where to put the ground on a hardtail strat since there is no trem-claw to ground on. If i sheild the inside of the cavities can i just ground it to the copper tape? or is there a better way

wait... it needs to be exposed?... couldnt you just solder it to the bridge where the hole is so it just hangs down?

Oh yeah... and how do you solder to a gold bridge... am i gonna have trouble getting the solder to stick or do i need to sand it or something

Edited by Ledzendrix1128

I just put together a Tele, and I ran a wire through the pickup cavity and let it hang over the body edge where the bridge would clamp down on it. No solder, just compression. Works fine.

For the Strat, just do what thegaragebandman ( :D ) said and drill a hole from the control cavity to the area under the bridge. Don't worry about soldering unless it doesn't make good contact.

• 5 months later...

This is a pretty straigh forward question... i just need to know where to put the ground on a hardtail strat since there is no trem-claw to ground on. If i sheild the inside of the cavities can i just ground it to the copper tape? or is there a better way

Doesn't StewMac have pre-wired, self adhesive foils already grounded back to the bridge via hole but also shielding the entire cavity by having a surface around the entire opening.