Measurement Question

mailman

what is the distance (on a 25" scale neck) from the end of the fretboard to the start of a floyd rose bridge

and also the distance to the bridge pickup

even rough numbers would be great

sorry if i coulda used search....but i just cant find anything due to personal incompetance

Ok the end of the fretboard has no bearing on bridge position. The distance you need to be concerned with is from the nut to the bridge saddles. move the high E saddle 75% forward and measure from there to the nut.

Next time search! All this info is archived here in greated detail than I've given you.

I think that the best possible advice I could give in this situation is:

Draw a full size side view template of your project. This will answer the question you have now, and probably a few you may not have thought of yet.

Good luck, hope everything turns out for ya.

Nate Robinson

Do you understand the principle of scale length? Seriously, no insult intended, do you understand exactly what scale length is. In addition do you have the bridge already? If not do you have the dimensions or a diagram of it. If you understand scale length and have the bridge or bridge diagram you should be able to apply that knowledge to a full scale side view drawing of the guitar and be done with it - problem solved.

Nate Robinson

Do you understand the principle of scale length?  Seriously, no insult intended, do you understand exactly what scale length is.  In addition do you have the bridge already?  If not do you have the dimensions or a diagram of it.  If you understand scale length and have the bridge or bridge diagram you should be able to apply that knowledge to a full scale side view drawing of the guitar and be done with it - problem solved.

Nate Robinson

i know what "scale length" is, just not in the context which you are speaking

Do you understand the principle of scale length?  Seriously, no insult intended, do you understand exactly what scale length is.  In addition do you have the bridge already?  If not do you have the dimensions or a diagram of it.  If you understand scale length and have the bridge or bridge diagram you should be able to apply that knowledge to a full scale side view drawing of the guitar and be done with it - problem solved.

Nate Robinson

i know what "scale length" is, just not in the context which you are speaking

what everyone's trying to say is that the placement of your bridge and the place that you have to route for it is based solely on the scale length. you need a scale drawing of the neck, the placement of the saddles and where the bridge enters the guitar based on that measurement. i don't think anyone was intentionally giving you a hard time..just trying to explain. you can't just route a hole and then hope that you can intone your guitar from there.

good luck with it.

Mailman.. You obviously are not listening. The end of the fret board has NOTHING to do with bridge placement. Both Nate and guitar guy have already gave you a correct answer.

okay, then from the nut

though i have to say, how is it possible to put a bridge 25" from the nut when the length of the neck is 25"?

unless im completely missing something here......does "scale length 25" neck mean the length of the fretboard or from the nut to the bridge?

Edited by mailman