I Am So Friggin Excited!

scottyd

Looks great. Only "major" change I could think of would be to have the individual laminates taper along with the neck. I need to right up a tutorial on that. What kind of finish are you going to put on it. I'm assuming this is just a mock up.

peace,

russ

yes please do you got a pic of what your talking about? and yeah its just a mockup for now, i havent decided on finish, either clear poly or oil

Here are some periods. Feel free to put them in your posts. :D

In all seriousness, though, that's a really nice bass. What kind of wood is that for the top?

thank you, the top and the bottom are bubinga.................................................................................................

I love the neck laminates! Wonderful wood choices, the only thing I'd have done differently is to get some flame maple to really add that special touch, but that is totally subjective. Some may see that as over the top. I like the shape too, it's got a nice flow.

P.S: I (clearly) agree with you. Bass is great!!! Including this one!

I love the neck laminates! Wonderful wood choices, the only thing I'd have done differently is to get some flame maple to really add that special touch, but that is totally subjective. Some may see that as over the top.  I like the shape too, it's got a nice flow.

P.S: I (clearly) agree with you. Bass is great!!! Including this one!

oh yeah i agree on the flamed maple, this being my first project i didnt want to go all out on woods, but the next one i will, and its gonna be a six string so itll have plenty of room for some nice figured woods in the neck, but man it is hard to find nice woods in the length needed for a through neck bass......

Great work, i must have a go at this fibre optic thing in the near future. Where's the LED actually placed, between the neck/neck pickup ?

Jem.

i placed the led inside of the control cavity i put it there so i can get to it easy, so when i get bored with the color i can just change it out to a different one.

scotty, nice looking bass!!

any chance of posting a tutorial re the fibre optic installation??

cheers

darren

scotty, nice looking bass!!

any chance of posting a tutorial re the fibre optic installation??

cheers

darren

actually im putting a tutorial togther on the whole build of the bass for my website itll be pretty in depth, ill let you guys know when its done..