Hi,

Biggest prob here in the UK is that overseas stuff is so much cheaper... BUT.

It's worth having a look at how much our beloved Customs & Excise will sting you for importing. It's not just shipping, unfortunately...

:D

Howdy,

Nobody sells a kit for a real Gibson product. Warmoth comes the closest, but the scale will not be correct, amongst many differences. As for the Strat & Tele, there are many sources including the aforementioned Warmoth. Brian, on this site, can help you with the Strat & Tele kits. As for the Jag, I don't know.

Good luck,

Guitar Ed

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up, I did and as soon as the page loaded I saw a Saga HT-10 kit, I bet they sell out soon and will be out of stock. The last few are on Ebay at the moment since the wholesaler is and has been completely out of them. They will be back sometime around the end of the year on the Strat and Tele style and those HT-10's will be back later as well (no confirmed date as of yet) I know I spoke to the rep today since I had to refund a hugh order back to a customer :D

*scotish accent* pfffffffffffffffffffffff build ya owne laddy!! doen't goo ordering the wee ones that are already made, go out buyeee urself sume wood, some toouels and some mighty strong brew and ye'll be set!!!!!

seriously though... i haven't seen to many jag kits around... but i'll keep my eye open

Hmm, on shipping to the UK... I'm from the UK too, so I checked out what kind of taxes and other money-robbing schemes would take my cash if I bought some stuff from Warmoth.

1). Add shipping to your total.

2). If from outside of EU, take about 3% of this total (import duty) and add it on.

3). Take another 17.5% (VAT) of your ever-increasing total and add that on too.

4). Cry when you get the bill( :DB) ), sell your house and live in a cardboard box...

If you're importing inside the EU, then you don't have to pay duty, and I'm not sure about VAT...

I live in the :D brandonis kits stink big time. my advice is buy a ready made body usualy around the £120 mark, you can get these from www.craft-supplies.co.uk, they have a few diferent types of wood to pick from. look on ebay for a neck! i picked up a mighty mite birds-eye maple with ebony board for £70 all in!!! and it has a nice satin finish strat neck <take a look at one! If you are after wood I have a good stock and could help you out! Good look brother B)

• 11 months later...

H have heard that the Carvin kits are excellent, though quite expenise. They are worth checkin out. Also with most kits that are cheap you usually get dodgy pickups that you will want to replace right away. SO think about that cost too.

Ben

Alright, let me clarify the carvin kit expense thing. On the question of expensive, they are a steal. I'm getting a completely custom guitar kit for like $2000 less than if was a PRS or other big company. the base kit is currently $300, as it is on sale until Aug 30. The stock pickups in the kit are awesome, and it's easy enough to get different upgrades. Whethr you want humbuckers, different body woods, or a birds eye fretboard, they can accomodate your needs. Check out the sound files here: http://www.carvin.com/jamroom/ and the kit is located here: http://www.carvin.com/products/part.php?ItemNumber=GK1 I'd go with a carvin personally. They do ship over seas and if you order now, you only have to pay standard shipping fees (usually any place outside the main 48 states is double shipping). that's cuz the main 48 states are getting free shipping, so everyone else gets the normal 48 state shipping.