Guitar Shred Fretboard

What would i call this? a contoured heel is an AANJ, right? thatts the term, and like ibanez rgs the lower horn is contoured, but what is the additional contour called which is there for shredding around on the higher frets...on Rusty Cooleys Guitar, one of my fav shredders, hes not contoured the body/ horn next to the 24th fret but hes cut it all the way hes just chopped off that portion and then hes contoured it.. B) .. im confused! here are some links..

www.rustycooley.com

on his website i am talking about the custom jackson on the equipment page on his website..here are direct links...

http://www.rustycooley.com/equipment.html

Man there is so much room for shredding up high!

do you think its pssible for me to do tht on this..

(I couldnt post the link to the picture! view the link below..)

heres the link to a page with thumbs of more pictures of the body..

http://www.geocities.com/bombershredder/kudos.html

itll be ausumn to have that on a guitar eh? :D

EDIT: id like to add ive seen guitars with contoured heels/ contoured horns/ contoured body between heel and horn :D ..But theyre nothing comp to this,, and the only reason im doing this is because he starts of the art of alt picking by picking descending fives in e minor tstarting on 24th fret and ending on the open e..by descending 5s i mean..24-22-20-22-24..five notes pikced and then the next patternascend like 19-20-22-20-19..and he just continues that up the fretboard..and he does it so fast and fluently that he just pops the open e string after going through the shapesand its one,, not diff ffives strungt together but its one B) ..anyway my point is that when hes playing i can just see how much room he has his whole fretboarrd is open around the 24th and i tried iton my rg and on small stretches..like 20-22-24 the lower part of my hand hits the body and when i stretch out the back of my hand hits the horn, so thats why i wanna contour that, and its brilliant, i had an argument with a friend who said its a challenge to play without the contour.. BLAH BLAH(youre comf at the 1st fret why not the 24th, in my opinion every guitar should have this) dont agree i want the contour itll work not only for this lick but other licks as well...likea 3 octave run, in e or wtvr, and also itll work wonders with a 31 fret guitar(neck thru)..thats another reason i love the last 8 string on the conklin bizzare 8 gallery page,, the fanned fret 3 octave whacky eight, its a crazy guitar with an ausumn shape and with a ittle adjustment itll be superb, sadly they charge a good 5500$ for that guitar.

so if this is possible im gonna experiment and do this and practice for building my shred machine.. :D . help me out guys!

What would i call this?...

Useless.

On the custom Jackson the guitar is already cut away far enough to not interfere with your hand. Unless he's playing on top of the pickups, it's just for looks. Basically choose one or the other. If the guitar is totally cut away in that area then you won't be touching it regardless of whether there's an angled contour or not. But if it's close enough that you'll hit it, then you can carve the angle in.

did you see the six string too? witht the DEEP cut.. for upper fret access?

EDIT: the sevens contoured from the front and cut from the back :D..ALSO..is it possible to convert a normal bolt on to an AANJ-ish type contoured heel, and can i have the current neck which i have fit that neck pocket after modifying it?

Edited by bombershredder

OK, I'm sorry for saying this but what part of this

Useless.

On the custom Jackson the guitar is already cut away far enough to not interfere with your hand.

You didn't understand...

Unless you are making an exact copy of his guitar, (and I think they look hideously ugly, of course with exception of the Conklin) just keep your AANJ! You have unrestricted access with it, and there is no need to modify!

..ALSO..is it possible to convert a normal bolt on to an AANJ-ish type contoured heel,

Can you be a little more especific about this? You want to modify like a fende to AANJ styly? If so yes it is very easy to do! Just drill the screw holes and plug them, mark the AANJ shape and cut it (if you have access to a bandsaw use it as the line will be straight, if not a coping saw will be the necxt good option or a jigsaw. After this it is all about rounding the edges and making it feel right for you. The only drawback that will happen is that the top right screw hole in your neck will show once the neck is bolted, to eliminate this, you can get a piece of maple and plug it, it will be visible but not too much.

Unless you are making an exact copy of his guitar, (and I think they look hideously ugly, of course with exception of the Conklin) just keep your AANJ! You have unrestricted access with it, and there is no need to modify!

Wow, never seen Conklin guitars before. Beautiful! I LOVE how they use multi-types of decorative wood tops. mmmmmm figured wood.