Meu X E-series

OK, well the whole invite for your opinions is over... not cause I didn't care... but cause the inlay is done! YES! Looks SO good! (especially for my first inlay ever!). I'm REALLY stocked at how well this turned out!

55-doneinlay.jpg

Chris

Well an opinion anyway...that is truely beautiful...really nice!

And the pickup ring idea is neat, but I don't think I'd ever change it too red with the blue on the inlay like that...but nice touch all the same.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I did a BUNCH of work today! I routed out the neck's pocket (nice and tight!!) and I've started carving the back of the neck... so I thought I'd let ya'll in on a little viewing.

And yes, before ya'll comment on it, I DO know that there is a gap at the end of the pocket where the neck ends, this is cause I angled the neck, no the pocket (if you're not sure why this matters, go find that really long thread about angling the pocket vs. angling the neck, that'll explain it). Either way the neck pickup cavity will be routed over it anyways.

63-neckpocketfit.jpg

Pocket Alone

Shaping The Neck

Chris

PS: The book/extra-detailed tutorial I'm writing for future begining luthiers about this build is now up to 25 pages with over 70 accompanying photographs!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, and if anyone is wondering... that was the last update that this thread will get about my guitar until it's entered for GOTM... granted there is still a lot of work I know, but that's as far as I want ya'll to see so that when it DOES come into GOTM.

Maybe.... 2 months from now?

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking great !

I was kind of skeptical about this one (I'm still not a huge fan of the f-holes), but you definitely pulled this one off in a big way. Great finish, nice details (the jack plate is excellent).

Congrats!

(PS: I think it'd look even more awesome with an LP style guard on there...yeah yeah, I know, you people hate to hide your wood...)

I was wondering how long it'd take for you to suggest that. :D

Heh heh...but that guitar is begging for a guard....with all the play he's having between the two types of wood, I'd suggest using the body wood for the guard.

Hey, Chris, have you at least tried a guard to see what it would look like? You wouldn't have to drill or anything, just rest the guard on the body...

Man, I get soooo frustrated with you people sometimes :D

• 2 months later...

Sweet design. I really love the way this is going. I went back to review the topic and I especially like the way the controls are incorporated into the F hole design - very elegant!