Cad Work Needed.

Cmbeers

Hello,

BRT Guitars are just now getting back up and running. We are expecting delivery of our new cnc next week and we need more files. If you are good a CAD and would be willing to make up some files for us, we will trade 2 complete routed bodies for every file that you make up. (In mahogany or Basswood) I need ready to cut files,(CAM Ready) not internet stuff. I have looked all over the internet also, so please do not send me files that you got off the net.

I am looking for strats, les pauls, etc.. If you are interested in doing some CAD work for trade, please contact me @ chris@brtguitars.com to discuss this. Please contact us before you send any files.

Thank you,

Chris

I can have the files made up for $35 hr. by a known builder and friend of mine. I thought that someone may be interested. I am not looking for 3D stuff. I am just looking for 2D stuff. I was just hoping that there was someone out there that had some 2D files.

I just thought I would ask and maybe save a little money while helping someone with there guitar project.

GuitarGuy, I not quite sure how you are trying to come across. Yes, we can afford to pay for the files but we were hoping to save some money while helping others maybe get started in building guitars. Comments like that are why lots of people don't like to post here.

If anyone is interested, I would be willing to pay for the files or neg. on trades.

Thank you,

Chris

You are correct. I should have metioned that I needed 2D not 3D. We are well aware that it is harder and more time consuming than it looks and I should have said so.

Thanks to all for pointing it out.

Chris

I can throw togther 2d Images in Corel draw and ship out as DXFs all day long mate - if that's good enough, give me a shout and we'll sort some LP's for trade maybe. Not sure if it'll do the job for you though.

You are correct. I should have metioned that I needed 2D not 3D. We are well aware that it is harder and more time consuming than it looks and I should have said so.

Thanks to all for pointing it out.

Chris

I was assuming when you said CAM you meant 3d which is extremely time intesive as you know. If someone gives that away for 2 bodies they probably didn't make the file which means someone's work is getting ripped off. I have some 3d files of my guitars that i wouldn't part with at all except for the right price.

I took your first post to be a little absurd and hence my post. But now that you say 2d, I can see where you're coming from, Sorry if I offended you.

I do CAD and CAM and spend most of my days running a CNC machine and EDM machine. Give me a shout if you need any thing. I do have a 3d for a LP top. It's not stock, the carve is more extreme. I think it looks good.

I have been trying to cnc my own stuff but I keep running into budget constraints. I would be willing to work something out for some top wood. Let me know if you are interested.