FT/FS: Jackson, Ibanez Washburn

Kirk

I have a few guitars that I would like to trade or sell. Ultimately I would like to have a very basic custom guitar made for me, so I would also trade these guitars for "services rendered."

Here's what I have to offer:

Jackson Firebird, Ibanez RG565, Ibanez RG620X and a Washburn Idol.

I'll send pics and specs if anyone can help me out, or if anyone is interested in buying.

4 guitars for a custom :D that's one niiiice custom, u better know exactly what u want amigo

just some friendly advice.

dude, it's 4 guitars, but come on, they average between $300 and $400 each, at $400 each that's $1600. That would build a fairly nice basic custom, but in the world of customs that's not much money at all.

Beyond that, with ANY custom you should know what you want or why do it? B)

Anyway, Kirk, check your email and lemme know what it is you're looking for, I'm interested in the 620

1. Brian I am looking to have something like this built: rattfrenchclose.jpg

No graphic, reverse strathead, gold hardware. Full specs by email if you want more info.

2. Third eye please email me for pics.

I am thinking about $500 for the RG620 - near mint, has a Tone Zone in the bridge, shipped w/case (list is $1000, good sale price is probably about $600 w/o case.)

Best offer for the holoflash RG565 very good condition, shipped w/case (I bought it for $250, had custom paint which cost me about $300 so you can make your offer based on that info.)

The Washburn is a suprisingly awesome guitar, mahogany body with a beautiful and thick quilt maple top. Set neck and the Feiten tuning system (you can really hear the difference!) It has a Duncan '59 in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge. $275 OBO shipped in gig bag.

The Jackson Firebird 2 is near mint, lisenced FR bridge and has a Duncan Jazz in the neck and a Distortion in the bridge. Very cool guitar. $425 shipped in case.

3. KrazyDerek, I have been pricing parts for this custom for almost a year now. IMHO, two of these guitars may cover the cost of having it built. That is of course if the luthier is a hobbyist and not the Fender or Jackson custom shop, and willing to do the work for the experience not the cash. The guitar should cost me no more than about $900 for me to build it from band new parts (shop Warmoth's thrift shop and ebay :D.) Believe me, I know what I want! B)

I'm not even a woodshedder guys. I haven't touched these guitars in almost two months. (Don't worry I'll have them setup before I send them out to the purchaser.) I like looking at guitars more than I like playing them!

Jeremy you're posting while I am writing this. I will check the mail.

Just a note, another person has already been in touch with me, but I am not sure if he's committed to doing anything yet.

It's a Washburn Idol 66 V in Carmel Burst. Here's the exact specs and a pic from their website:

wi66vcrb.jpg

Mahogany

Bound, carved quilt maple top

Neck Scale 24¾"

22 Frets

Set neck joining style

Mahogany neck

Fingerboard radius 14"

Bound rosewood fingerboard

Bound headstock

Fulcrum stay-in tune vibrato tailpiece

WB630 high output pickups

3 way toggle Switch

Speed knob

Exclusive Grover 18:1 gear ratio tuners

List price: $999.90

This guitar is a steal at this price, especially with the upgraded pickups. I will ship overseas, but you will have to add actual shipping costs/duties/taxes/tarrifs/whatever to your final price.

One thing I should mention about the guitar is that it came with "VOC" tone controls. They have been bypassed so there is no tone control. However, the pots and knobs are still on the guitar. You can still wire them in if you so desire, but I didn't want them wired up.

G - it aint sold yet man. :D