aidlook

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOT SOUND?

routed pickup cavities...

sounds GREAT!!!

and fiddling with all these switches can get me pretty much anything..

now I have to figure out how to make holes in the pickguard that fit nicely with the pickups...

Any suggestions??

Edited by Maiden69

GOT SOUND?

routed pickup cavities...

sounds GREAT!!!

and fiddling with all these switches can get me pretty much anything..

now I have to figure out how to make holes in the pickguard that fit nicely with the pickups...

Any suggestions??

This turning out real nice. I had a dream on Sat night. I interpit it i had to build a guitar and so now here i am reading. I do have some wood working skills and what not. So hope my turns out as ncie as yours on my first try. good job.

chris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

stewmac sells all the pickup templates. i bought the full set, the single coil one give you a nice snug fit, and they're only like 5 bucks

Well, I don't know if you've noticed...but these singlecoils are not standard size. They're handmade replicas of Burns tri-sonics...So the size is a bit different...

If you have illustrator or Corel Draw, photograph the Pickups and then import the image into the program. Then scale it up to full size. I do this by drawing a box over the image that fits something of known size.

i.e. you can measure how far apart the screw holes are so measure them and draw the box to touch the screw holes as measured.

When you change the size of the box to full size, it will scale by a % and that will be reported back to you. Copy this % and paste into the scale for the image x and y axis. The image is now life size. Delete the box you drew and then draw a life size image by tracing the outline of the pickup in the image.

This is then priunted out on any standard printer and you can use it as the cutline on some MDF - one template ready to go!

• 1 month later...