Since Tab Sites Are Shut Down....

Curtis P

I need a few more tabs so i can broaden my skills, I am mainly looking for van halen (eruption, panama, runnin with the devil are some fine examples) But I am also looking for a few Metallica as well (let me know what you got)

Does anyone have these tabs saved that wouldnt mind emailing me one (or more?)

Curtis

I dont think Ultimate-Guitar will ever get taken down. They have a license to distribute tabs on the internet and are based in Russia. They're the only site on the internet with a license for that. This is straight from Zappp, the site admin and forum admin there:

"Ok fellow UGers,

This is official: UG will not be taken down by MPA, RIAA of whatever else organization. We have a license to distribute tabs on the Net, we pay royalties to the artists (rightholders) and we are in Russia. So if that's not enough, UG will go underground and move to a country which don't care about US laws. There are many of them around.

We care about US laws and appreciate artists' works -- that's why we are the only website on the Net with a license.

Having said this, please stop downloading the entire Ultimate-Guitar.Com -- you hit the site too much with requests, that's why it was down yesterday for the half of a day! Stop all your 'grab the site' software, just visit UG normally as you did before -- we are not closing down!

Thanks.

PS. Nevertheless, if any of you have something new on this matter (not just rumours, or thoughts) or have contacts in music industry -- feel free to drop us a line to webmaster [at] ultimate-guitar.com. Any help appreciated!"

All the noobs there are archiving the site to there computer because there are atleast 10 threads a day saying "OMFG UGZZZ G0I/\/G DOWN!!!one". It clogs up the site and crashes it and the forum sadly.