#1 Guitar? Some People

Briand

Are freaking nuts!

I made a quick mockup of this some time ago as a joke. I emailed it to my friend back home about three months ago for a laugh. He calls me tonight and says he found someone that wants it made. I priced it at $4000.00 and said if he wants that he can pay this. He said it’s not a he! I said nothing, what can you say to that.

It is not something I want to make but if she says I’ll pay that I don’t know what I am going to do.

Funny none the less.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/briand1/DSCF0265f1.jpg

Do it but do it well, ask your self if you can build a guitar thats worth that much tell her the truth right up front make sure she knows your true abilities what you can do and waht you cant do if you cant build A 4000.00 dolor guitar than DONT!

Charge A fair price for the work you CAN do and let her go from there

Me I think thats one very ummmmm odd guitar :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

the mentality of some people....

I quoted a guy for a "strat with a square cut down body" recently. $1790 with a tweed case. I figured it would be real easy to make, but not in anyway the type of guitar to 'promote' my stuff.

Another local maker, quoted him $3800 with case, for a (stated on quote) "Warmoth body and licensed Fender neck" etc etc.

I lost the sale.

PS thats Aussie dollars, so about US $1400 and $3000 respectively.

My abilities are not the problem. It was sketched as a JOKE and NOT to be built. The guitar can be built for a lot less money. The high price is to persuade her that it is not worth it to do. If she wants to pay that much then so be it.

HAHA Looks like I missed the Point on that one!! look it was really late or really early :D

It was like 4 am

I really thing thats one ugly guitar but heck if she wants it build it :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)