"Zero" fret

Same height.

Not wanting to be an ass, but this falls into the 'ask someone who's tried it category'. :D

There is no reason to make the zero fret taller - just think of when you play with a capo - same size fret, acting as a nut, and providing ideal action. If you want to guarantee that the zero fret ends up a good height you can leave it out during the fret levelling, which will leave it fractionally taller than the dressed frets. I didn't bother, and the guitar still plays great.

Same height.

Not wanting to be an ass, but this falls into the 'ask someone who's tried it category'. :D

There is no reason to make the zero fret taller - just think of when you play with a capo - same size fret, acting as a nut, and providing ideal action. If you want to guarantee that the zero fret ends up a good height you can leave it out during the fret levelling, which will leave it fractionally taller than the dressed frets. I didn't bother, and the guitar still plays great.

Could you use a nut with the headless,or does that effect your tuning?

Could you use a nut with the headless,or does that effect your tuning?

?

Whether you have a headstock or not you will need some kind of nut to set the string spread. The advantage with a zero fret is that is only has to space the strings - not set their height and act as the end of the vibrating string. This allows a measure of slack when cuttig your nut, which should prevent strings binding in the slots.

Of course, a well-cut nut without a zero fret will work every bit as well as the alternative.

Whether you have a headstock or not you will need some kind of nut to set the string spread.

Thanks for your input :D

The headpiece on this headless system will already space the strings.They also lock with set screws.

The reason I asked,I was looking at a Graph-tech Trem-nut.I heard good things about them,but I will probably go zero-fret.