Is This The End To Blocking Trems?

224847.jpg

Apparently it just mounts over the hole where your trem was. The back two holes straddle the trem route.

Look here for more details.

Hmmm, they say covers standard trem holes even though most strat style trems are six in a row holes and this isn't. Also they say 'string thru' but the only thing I see is the same as a rear fed tail piece. I'd be curious to here how it fits with so many cheap trem's out there.

From what I can see in the pictures, there must be holes in the bottom plate below the saddles for the string-through. I assume the saddles are just adjusted forward to where you can't see them in the pictures. What I don't see are any mounting holes in the bottom plate of the bridge for mounting the old sustain block from the original tremolo bridge. I would think this would have some effect on the sustain and therefore tone qualities of this bridge versus the original tremolo bridge, no ?

(on edit, I see what what gorecki was talking about. This is a rear fed bridge and not a string through)

Edited by SawDust_Junkie