Tunner Post Hieght

does the tunner post hieght effect wether the guitar will stay in tune or how it sounds?

for example if i replaced the tuners on a prs ce 24 with a set of tunners with shorteter post (string holes completeley accessible) would that make a difference? essentially the strings would be closer to the headstock with the shorter post tunners.

thanks, Adam

There would only be a problem if you didn't have enough room to wind the string around the post. Obviously, if you're using locking tuners and can access the string hole, you shouldn't have any problems. You're using locking tuners, right?

yeah schaller m6 locking. i was considering biying the grover locking tuners stewmac sells though, the posts are actually longer then the original prs posts. i assume that would have no effect on tunning and sound as well.

yeah schaller m6 locking. i was considering biying the grover locking tuners stewmac sells though, the posts are actually longer then the original prs posts. i assume that would have no effect on tunning and sound as well.

TAFKA idch :D He doesn't like the PRS winged locking tuners.

Taller posts would only be a problem if they were so tall that you no longer had a downward angle from the nut to the post.

I've got the grovers on a 13 degree angled headstock, tuners arranged similar to a PRS, and they work just fine.