My Latest Creation

Here's the latest project I've been working on. A laminated neck-thru copy of a Warlock, from scratch.

It isn't done yet, but its getting there.

I put red LEDs under the fret markers and fiber optics for the side dots.

I made a page showing the progress of the build:

<a http://ca.geocities.com/bizzarguitars@rogers.com/Warlock

Apparently my ISP doesn't allow for too much volume. :D

Here's a link to a Photbucket page with most of the pics on it:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f21/Bizzar_G...lock/?start=all

Edited by Bizzar_Guitars

If you would have left it and just put A clear over it I would be in love!! dont get me wroung I like the thing and the black looke good just that the woods you used would have looked MUCH beter!!

your kid is one lucky guy :D

are you puting A clear over the fret board? if so why?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Thanks for the positive responses!

mailman - I have several other designs, similar to the Viking (the first one): Introducing the Viking

Bizzar Guitars

Viking Pics on Photobucket

Hopefully, I get around to making them someday.

Nitefly SA - I knew nothing about LEDs before I started this. It was pretty simple (thanks to the internet).

scottyd - I wanted to give it a natural finish, but my son wanted all black, so we met half way. :D

american_jesus - Yes he IS very lucky, but, now he OWES me! :D I've gotta be nice to my kids, after all, they're going to pick my nursing home! B)

Duff Beer Man - I put a resistor on each LED, so that if, heaven forbid, one dies, the others still work. If I ever have to repair it, I know exactly where the problem is located. Anyone remember the old Xmas lights that if one bulb went out the whole string died? The LEDs are running off of 2 1.5v AA batteries. The resistors are 1/4 watt 33 ohm, cause that's what this site recommended: http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Ciao

!!METAL MATT!! - Thanks, yes, I put clear coat on the fretboard for several reasons:

- The Jatoba wood I used did not look very good in its unfinished state.

- The plastic inlay dots I used over the LEDs was kind of cloudy looking after I had finished sanding the fretboard, and the clear coat hides that. B)

- I've seen some guitars, particularly Fenders, where the fretboard has been clear coated, and they looked ok, so I thought I'd try it.

Other than the fact that it will eventually wear off, can anyone point out a negative side to doing this? :D

Maiden69 - I like it natural looking too, but my son wanted some colour to it. Too bad your son's not interested, but look at it this way, you don't have to worry about him borrowing your guitars. :D

neocon58 - Thanks, but sorry, I'm already raising 4 kids on my own now, I don't know if I could handle another mouth to feed! :D

For all of you in favour of a clear finish, the next one will have a similarly laminated neck, maybe I'll conduct a Project Guitar poll before I finish it!

Ciao