Corian Floyd Rose Conversion Nut

Hmm, I've seen someone selling offcuts on eBay but it's not what I want, and I'm not paying a tenner for postage!!

I just want a small black bit, suitable for making a nut for an 8 string.

I emailed several companies asking to buy small samples, but not one of them even replied!

I don't see corian choppiong boards on amazon either...

DJ

I have heaps of corian cut for guitar nuts but I really dont like it for two reasons. The strings stick badly in the nut when it sits for a while. It is also very soft and wears quickly but is easy to work. I dont believe the sound transfer is as good as other alternatives either.

For my electrics I am making my nuts from brass as they sound more alive but is a little slower to cut the string slots. I find the strings dont stick either in the slots when tuning.

For acoustics Ive tended to use Tuskq for both nuts and saddles as it seems to be really efficient for sound transfer and very easy to file and slot although also a bit soft. I havent used bone as yet so cant comment on the comparison with Tuskq but would be harder wearing no doubt.