State Of The Forum Address?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The United States of America has from its very inception had a long standing moral value that the people have a right to know what their government is up to. Now, whether this is in fact the case-- whether the people have that right, or whether it's being upheld, your call--is irrelevant, but nonetheless this belief has developed yet another long-standing tradition: The Presidential Address.

Now, the president speaks to the nation on a variety of topics over the course of his term in office, but few speeches are as well known as the State of the Union Address. This is the speech in which the president says:

--How great the nation is under his administration

--How great the nation could be if it weren't for the setbacks caused by previous administrations of opposing parties, and

--How great the nation could be if all current members of Congress from across the aisle would go drown themselves in the Potomac.

This particular tradition of paying lip service to the rights of citizens has been going on for longer than I can remember (or care to look up, for that matter), under both Republican and Democratic administrations alike-- and would continue, I imagine, even under 3rd party candidates professing a heartfelt desire to make the government more honest and open.

Anyway, this tradition has sparked similar traditions on all levels of government. We now have State of the State addresses and State of the City addresses; my dad even gives a State of the Family address, and if you're lucky, sometimes you can catch the crazy lady downtown giving a State of the Shopping Cart address, which is often about as interesting and literate as the State of the Union Address after which it was (loosely) modeled.

The way I see it, Brian is like the president of this forum. Everyone keeps saying, "Brian's Forum, Brian's Rules", so it seems to me that he has both the right and responsibility to keep us forum-goers up to date on the State of the Forum. So Brian, if you would be so kind, please fill us in on the State of the Forum, touching on such topics as:

--How great the forum is,

--How the forum could be improved with the help of the members, and

--Which members you'd like to see jump in the Potomac.

Thanks!

Dan Dryden

skibum5545

Last time they did something quite a bit like what you're suggesting, it was when this forum had been mentioned in 'Guitar Player' or some magazine like that. Really seemed to go to their heads, and there was all this talk about "cleaning the place up", "everyone will get a badge".

In other words, things got stupid.

I find it pretty funny that you think of Brian giving a "formal statement" about what's going on with the forum, the same as Bush giving a 'state of the Union" address. The comparison makes perfect sense to me.

Of course, we also know that Kevan is PG's version of Rumsfeld, right ?

Ok, so having said all that, can someone tell me what the water temp of the Potomac is right now ?

Ok, so having said all that, can someone tell me what the water temp of the Potomac is right now ?

Arbitrary as it may seem, which part? Near the district, further north, on the falls? Regular temps aren't published until March but if you REALLY need to know, I can' grab a thermo and walk out to the river side during lunch tomorrow? :D

hahahaha

Actually, it's been so hot down here now that out ozone has gone, the potomac sounds quite appealing right now!!! :D

On a more relavant note. Over the last 2 years I've been around here there have been a few skirmishes, but to me the forum has always continued to progress and get better and better. The resource is huge and presented in a lively and entertaining manner that is easily accessable. There are a broad range of topics covered from the absolute beginner to professional posts, amazing examples of peoples work and experiences and besides the contributions of the active members it is visited by an astonishing number of non active guests at any time of the day or night...where ever people are. It is also incredibly international too!

One such development is this new Voice Chat thingy that will allow people to interact even more with eachother...it's kind of spooky!!

So, PG "is what it is"...it seems to have a life of it's own...it's "state" is simply a matter of perception...it needs no address other than www.projectguitar.com ...pete

Last time they did something quite a bit like what you're suggesting, it was when this forum had been mentioned in 'Guitar Player' or some magazine like that. Really seemed to go to their heads, and there was all this talk about "cleaning the place up", "everyone will get a badge".

In other words, things got stupid.

I find it pretty funny that you think of Brian giving a "formal statement" about what's going on with the forum, the same as Bush giving a 'state of the Union" address. The comparison makes perfect sense to me.

Of course, we also know that Kevan is PG's version of Rumsfeld, right ?

And would that make you Howard Dean or Hillary Rodham? :D

"We do not have the authorization to disclose that information at this time. We are working hard to get to a point in time where we can fully inform you on that subject. Thank you for your cooperation."

"This is an ongoing investigation, therefore we can not disclose any information at this point in time, we apologize."

Now watch this putt! :D

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

I'd go with Pat Robertson. I mean, you can get whatever hair you want with modern styling products, but to be so completely evil and deranged as Pat...well, that's just inspired.

I might go for Cheney, though-- he's got the evil thing too, as well as the "I'd really like to eat a puppy right now" grimace all the time. :D:D