Pink Floyd Tribute Strat

decided to do some painting on this one. not much to say here, im not gonna give away any of the little graphic ideas of characters im gonna put on here, but ill just post what ive done so far.

pink_floyd_tribute_front.jpg

And heres the rear view.

Im having a lot of fun doin this one. I made a neck in woodshop a few days ago that i plan on painting too.

I'm guessing that's blue paint tape on the inside of the routed cavity? I like that blue / white effect with it, a clear pickguard would look really cool with that. I love the paint job, are you adding anything over the wall? Or just leaving it like that?

Pretty cool finish. Pink Floyd are responsible for making me love strats. Back in the late eighties when I was still a guitarist I was only into shredder guitars until I saw Dave Gilmour play a black strat with white pickguard on the live at pompei video. that turned my world upside down and I got an identical one not too long after.

Best band that ever existed in my opinion, cool design you've done. :D

thanks for the compliments guys, and yeah I am going to be painting stuff over the wall. hopefully soon. Im just tryin to get an artist to do it for me, cuz I dont really have much skill in painting. Taping off lines is easy though, so i did what I could.

David Gilmour is one of my favorite guitar players of all time. His calmness and sense for tone and melody is unequaled.

You gotta get the Gilmour EMG setup to go with it, it's awesome!

Yeah, AND you gotta shorten the whammy bar to get that genuine Gilmour strat look and feel. :D

Great work! Love the bricks...

Pulse would be awsome, but rather difficult to acomplish, I think...

I'm planning a Gilmour strat for myself for quite some time, but with a twist: instead of solid color, I'd hava a translucent red on alder, DG EMG set and Willkinson trem instead of vintage Fender 6-bolt type. Maple neck is mandatory...

Sorry for the hijack...

mullmuzzler | OSSMT