can burst

cr_XD

if i try to acomplish a burst like the one in the tutorials over a stained veener with a can, would it look alright?

i mean, does it make any difference that the back is not a solid color when doing the burst with the method brian describes in the tutorial, or the one in guitar reranch????

:D

Take's a little practice, but it really does get easy fast.

Just make sure you don't over do the coat and let it run. Also a good thing to remember is the mist coming out of a spray can will usually start to sputter after it is half empty and that can ruin your whole day. Shake often and if your going to skip the mask be sure you can paint the body from every angle.

what you mean by skipping the mask is taking it away.

i supoose i will paint the sides in black with the sides taped, and then try the burst. is that a good way?

also, what do you mean by every angle?

sorry if it´s just foolish questions....... :D

how about a burst using a roller?

not being facaetious - wondered if it can (pardon the pun) can be acheived. After reading LGM's health warnings I've gone off spraying big time.

Lately I do most burst's just holding the body up without using a cut out for the middle. I just go in small burst's of the can and feather the edge of the body till I have the desired look.

A roller would put enough on the side's but I don't see how you could get anything but a solid edge to the paint job, even feathering it with sand paper.

Yeah unless someone can prove wrong.. I'm to the belief that Brainn is right.. when your spraying.. those light mist of overspray are really what make the colors blend into each other... humm.. i don't see how you could do that with a roller.. all you'd get is a solid color.. and it would wouldn't blend.. it would just go from one solid color to another to another... hummm.. so I'm thinking it wouldn't be possible.. better keep spaying on the paint to get that effect...