Finishes, Woods, Pickups, Everything

Daniel Sorbera

Pick some  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So basicly I have already bought a sweet peice of flame maple from gilmer and I'm wondering exatly what to do with it. It will be on my single cut body design, Carved top flame maple with 22 frets 24" scale length, 3x3 tuners on a angled headstock.

Post any ideas.

Personally I was thinking light amber stain, Vintage voiced pickups with nickel covers, mahogany back and neck, and some sort of cool wireing. I just tested my schematic for a 3 way rotary that allows you to turn a humbucker into, both coils in series, both coils in parallel, only one coil.

you must check one box from each catagory for the poll to work right

Figured I'd put that in because of all the GOTM confusion...

Edited by Godin SD

It is flamed. I'm not so sure how a Tortoise shell would look on flamed. I've never really see one.

One color I really like is Tom Andersons arctic blue. My peice of flame looks pretty much like that one. Any idea how to get that exact color? :D

I really like that arctic blue but I think I'm leaning more twards an earth tone for this one. I wan't it to be classy and not to in your face.

oooo Like this one. link

Edited by Godin SD

You should follow your concept. You are more than capable of building to your vision, and it is your art. Truste your instinct, your not a green builder that needs help with these choices.

Peace,Rich

BTW: I voted for exactly what you described in your first post. Sounds like a great combination. :D

This is the one that gave me the idea for a nice light amber stained flame.

and here is another example of that arctic blue.

Rich, I really like diffrent styles and many color combos. I was just wondering (for curiousitys sake) what everyone else thought would look good. And if I had an overwhelming number of say limba for example I might go with that.

Edited by Godin SD

And another hot link. Did you even read Maiden69s post? :D

Yes, of course I read it... Maiden didn't change any of my earlier pics, and he hasn't answered your question yet. A clarification of what the forum defines as a "hot link" would be a good thing. :D

Are we only supposed to post links/images that are located on our own personal web pages? If so, there are a ton of violations all over the site.

"hotlinking" refers to when somebody posts an IMAGE on their site linking to ANOTHER person's website..

Which is what I did of that SG and the brown tortoise somebody else did.. (sry bout that)

I'm pretty sure that's what it means....

So things like THIS

Iguana Burst!!!!!!

is ok.

THERE's the iguana burst.. not the sg i posted earlier

-IR

Read this about HotLinking aka Bandwidth Theft aka Intellectual Property Theft :D

According to this...

Definition: A hotlink is a direct link to an image on someone else's web server. For example, if you saw an image that you like and you put the image on your weblog using the image URL source of that other person's site, then you are hotlinking. And, unless the owner of that site permits this, then you are stealing bandwidth, which is unacceptable.

The right thing to do, if you are allowed to use an image from someone else's site but not allowed to hotlink, is to save that image on your computer. Then, upload the image on your own server. You can then link the image to your weblog. If you do not have your own server, then try using one of these free image hosting services.

...none of the links we posted (except godin's and marksound's) are permitted. :D Doesn't matter if you post an image or a link.

I'll change mine to a link to the webpage instead of just the image.

Edited by mikhailgtrski

...none of the links we posted (except godin's and marksound's) are permitted. Doesn't matter if you post an image or a link.

Yea.. but you know.. it's just one of those things with internet... downloading music, bootleg movies, shows... etc.. all the humane stuff.

Nice cool cyan blue

Eye candy

oj burst

These ones were just ideas..

but I think you might actually like this one.

flame maple top

Good luck!

-IR