Costing

go here and look a round

Rob

B):D stew mac is most definitly NOT the place to go if u want make a guitar s cheap as possible.

the wood for a body u can probably get for under 20$ if u have a local place otherwise u'll get hit with S&H charges.

electronics u can probably sqeeze 10-15$ ebay might be ur best bet there.

pickups... well. u can spend anywhere's from 5-200$ on a set of humbuckers again ebay.... umm... someone might be trying to sell parts in ur local paper... or there might be some "junk" u could take off someones hands at the local repair shop?

stewmac is a little expensive but they are quality parts.you can get cheaper stuff elsewhere but i really like the fact that the switches and pots are top quality and the pickup mounting rings are metal.i have to say that everything i have bought from them has been great.

carvin.com has some good prices on good quality parts.

but if you buy your wood cheap (alder is inexpensive and sounds great)and have all the tools (sandpaper,drill,dremel or router,something to cut the shape with)you could build everything but the neck for about $100.

if i were you i would stick with buying the neck because that takes a few more tools and i think is the toughest part to build.

and get the neck before you start to rout anything because it is nice to have it for taking measurements.

do you have another guitar to play or are you building this as your first guitar?because it is hard to be patient if you are waiting to play it and there are cheap kits you could buy and put together,probably as cheap as you could build one.