Pimp My Cheap Tele Copy Guitar

I bought a Harley Benton Telecaster guitar and decided to paint it and change most of the electronics. It had a natrual satin oil/wax finish that I sanded down. I also sanded some sexier contures to the body. I painted the flamed maple top, I mean what was left of it, to a somewhat black/brownish stain finish.

The mechanics and electronics I changed was:

Tuners: Schaller locking tuners (black)

Straplocks: Schaller

Pickups: Dimarzio Cruiser(neck) and ToneZone T(bridge)

Switch: Dimarzio standard 5-way switch.

Here are the pics from this modification. Sorry about the quality on some of them. I'm very happy about it all because it was quite hard to sand, paint and clearcoat because I don't have a carpentery or a garage. I had to do it all on the floor in my small flat and on the balcony. This was also the first time I ever painted a guitar. This is now my favorite guitar even though I own a Ibanez JPM, it plays like a dream and sounds real good. I would like give a big thank you to SwedishLuthier and scott from _actual time_ who helped me at this forum.

Guit-28.jpg

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10

Edited by Gustom

Nice tele. So is that your finished form?

Can't really tell, but I'm guessing you like the natural look with a satin finish.

And also, teles with backrouted control cavity's always swell

Also.. before the mods get here, you should change pics into links. 1 pic per post, rest should be link..

Hurrrryyy :D

-IR

Yes that's my finished form, I might do some more mods on it in maybe5-10 years when I'll have a garage. The most important thing with the mod was to make it sound better, the looks are just plus. Oh and thanks for the warning, mate! :D

Nice job. I like the carve you sanded into the top. Looks nice, kinda looks like you've gently 'bursted' the ouside where the two woods have reacted differantly to the stain.

Robert

Thanks! :D

Yep it's kind of bursted. All black in the middle(neck trough wood) and at the edges.

Nice job! Much improved over the original.

You've got splendid taste! :D