Starting A New Guitar

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright matt, 1 criticism. the input jack. i personally would rather see it in a fender style cover(ie like whats on the top of a strat), on the backside of the guitar, the spot you pot it doesn't make a lot of sense to me... i am however really glad that this one doesn't have one of the fretboards that comes almost all the way to the bridge pickup, looks much better like this.

Edited by ElysianGuitars

Wow that is green! I dig it....but it may be a little more C.C. Deville than most metal heads would admit to liking.

C.C.DeVille...chortle!

With that "Devil's tuning fork" design, at least if someone starts heckling your blond bouffant Matt, you can pin 'em by the neck with the end of yer axe!!!

'Tis a lovely shade of green! I'm wondering if you guys all get Blackadder where you are? "Could I be that I hold in my mortal hands a lump of purest......green??" (Lord Percy)

I'd like to see the looks of peoples faces when you walk out on stage with that bad boy, then see them change when you TEAR THEM A NEW ONE! Sweet.

Seriously, nice work Matt.

DJ

C.C.DeVille...chortle!

With that "Devil's tuning fork" design, at least if someone starts heckling your blond bouffant Matt, you can pin 'em by the neck with the end of yer axe!!!

Its got a place to put your nuts if you wanna teabag them while you have them pinned!

Well, now that its finished and i've seen a good picture of it, i guess its not that bad :D

I would still make the bevels black or something. Just my opinion!

Good work!

How's she play/sound?

alright matt, 1 criticism. the input jack. i personally would rather see it in a fender style cover(ie like whats on the top of a strat), on the backside of the guitar, the spot you pot it doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

+1 Matt, about time you start to complete your builds! I'm very impress with this one, but I too agree that the point were the jack is don't make much sense to me and detracts from a perfect looking finish.

One more thought, I would had use Steinberger tuners and have the tuners aligned in a triangle shape, it looks good anyway though.

alright matt, 1 criticism. the input jack. i personally would rather see it in a fender style cover(ie like whats on the top of a strat), on the backside of the guitar, the spot you pot it doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

+1 Matt, about time you start to complete your builds! I'm very impress with this one, but I too agree that the point were the jack is don't make much sense to me and detracts from a perfect looking finish.

One more thought, I would had use Steinberger tuners and have the tuners aligned in a triangle shape, it looks good anyway though.

i personally don't like the way they look on the headstock, look way too bulky, and unless i had a drill attachment i wouldn't want to have to tune those with the 40:1 ratio :D

Ya I do agree with the input jack, next one will have the fender style jack plate on the back

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I will be adding a neck pickup and a a black bevel, I really do thing that will bring more out of this guitar but it wount be for a while I have 6 other builds on the go and a ton of repair work to do before I can play around with this one :D